Sausage Breakfast

Ang8178
Ang8178 Posts: 308
edited September 20 in Recipes
I love love love fatty breakfast food! :heart: :heart: :heart: so I've been trying to come up with ways to still have it, but cut some calories and fat out. This is what I've came up with:

Butterball Turkey Italian Sausage (I cut the casing off and made two patties out of it. I also added some cayenne pepper, garlic salt, oregano, and onion powder. I wanted it to be spicy and "sausage" like)

One large egg scrambled with 1/16 cup on whole milk.

One slice of Natures own whitewheat bread (toasted)

2 tsp of smart balance light butter.

Calories: 304, Carbs: 15, Fat:18, Protein: 26, Fiber: 3

I know the fat may seem alittle high for some people, I normally eat low fat all day. Let me just say a bowl of oat meal is no longer cutting it for me. I need big meals when I start out my day :laugh:

Replies

• Pam903
    Pam903 Posts: 8
    Thanks for posting that, I too have a lot of trouble staying with my new plan for eating if I don't have enough protein & fat in my meals! It's as if my body is screaming for more & won't stop until I eat more of the protein/fat. I'm always looking for new ideas for breakfast & lunch. Think I'll try Googling it! :laugh: Pam
  • Morning Star Veggie Sausage Link tastes just like sausage. I'm veggetarian but I do miss breakfast sausage in the AM, so that's my substitute.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Yum! I'm always looking for new breakfast ideas!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    We have to have what our bodies crave from time to time or we will never stay with this healthier eating plan. Thanks for sharing. I really like my sausage breakfast sometimes!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    I've been eating Aidells Chicken & Apple sausages for breakfast and I'm in love with them! I throw them in frittatas or over pasta.(http://www.aidells.com/sausages/descriptions/details.cfm)

Haven't had the other flavors yet, but they sound amazing.
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    I've been eating Aidells Chicken & Apple sausages for breakfast and I'm in love with them! I throw them in frittatas or over pasta.(http://www.aidells.com/sausages/descriptions/details.cfm)

Haven't had the other flavors yet, but they sound amazing.

thx for the addy .. i looked these up and i am goin by the commissary to try these .. Mmm they sound yummy !!
This discussion has been closed.