Possibly My Greatest NSV Yet!!!

Options
I was going to only post this on my page, but it is kind of lengthy so I just decided to do the boards...

I have been admittedly lax this summer with my diet. In a still newish relationship and I have been cooking and baking and going out to dinner, so although I have pretty much maintained my weightloss (it fluctuates within 10lbs depending on the time of month, etc)- i have been feeling REALLY guilty about falling back into old habits and I haven't been working out AT ALL.

I decided I had to get back on track and this week I have been back to my low-cal/low-fat diet and cut out the junk food and I wanted to get back to working out. I tried a workout tape for about 3 days, but I have a new kitten that is in her practicing hunting prey stage and I don't have central air, so that was a bust.

so yesterday, i dragged my behind back to the gym! AND i added in weight training (which I haven't done in years, i hate it, i really do)- but that's not the best part. today i had to run into kmart which is in the same plaza as my gym and when i came out i was thinking "screw the gym- no one will know you didn't go, it's only one day, who cares" and i sat in my car for about 10 mins deliberating. and i really was not going to go. but then i decided to. i convinced myself that i would just do cardio and leave.

but not only did i do cardio, i did my weight training as well!!! (today was arms/back/abs) and even better- i convinced myself i did not need to stop for a bottle of wine on the way home either! so i am SUPER proud of myself right now. self-control is usually not my strong suit, and especially because i have not had any willpower this summer!

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry that was really long/rambling, but I am super proud of myself)

xoxo

also- for anyone that is interested- my bf found a four week old kitten under a dumpster at work about a month ago. i protested quite a bit that i absolutely did not want a cat............. and she now lives with me. her name is Maggie. she is really sweet and much to my surprise, it has been really good for my grieving process to have another pet. she is NOT a replacement for Mayer, but i know how important it was to take him in, so now I have a kitten.

so this is Maggie Sue:
7802541402_1d72beae28.jpg
Untitled by tifanietiberio, on Flickr

Replies

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome! You have every right to be proud of yourself. I know exactly how that can be a huge milestone, it was for me the other day as well. I was exhausted after a LONG day at work on Tuesday and decided I would make it my rest day and just head home. However, my subconscious and my car had a different idea, because I soon found myself in the gym parking lot, went in and worked out for over 2 hours.
    It definitely helped me realize that I can do this and that my mind is slowly changing into, I WILL go to the gym, not the gym will be here tomorrow. Thinking the gym will be here tomorrow is what got me here in the first place and I don't want to go back to that mentality.

:smile: :drinker:
  • momma_eck
    Options
    Great job...it makes me think when I get home I WILL GO RUNNING!!! YEAH YOU!

sssshhhh (i really don't want to do it..but your NSV makes me want to) sssshhhhhh :happy:
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done for staying strong! And, welcome back! I'm new here & willpower is not always my strongest suit either. It's hard work!
  • onixrose
    onixrose Posts: 15
    Options
    Nice! As someone who is moving and becoming more socially active this is a problem I have been having for the last 2 months. I decided that even with the move this weekend I would not give in and skip working out. So here I am getting ready to do boot camp directly after work. I will be tired, but I will finish the packing too. It will be totally worth it. And when I am all moved in... there is a really nice gym in the complex!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!