Instead of Stress Eating...

Options
So I just screwed something up at work. Badly. And normally, that would call for a cookie. But clearly, that's how I got here.

What do YOU do instead?

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    To deal with stress I:

1) Go for a walk or bike ride to clear my mind
    2) Make some hot tea
    3) Play piano
    4) Paint

Adjust these for your own personal zen activities, but I highly recommend exercise over stress eating!
  • Krilsno
    Krilsno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am my own worst enemy.... i stress bake, then indulge.... so i feel ya.
  • Carolyn1012
    Carolyn1012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A nice hot shower with my nice smelling bath and body works lotions and shower gels
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have a punching bag in my basement. ;)
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Very good things, guys! :smile:

But does anyone have anything more immediate for while I'm at work? We have a shower, but somehow, I don't think nipping down there for a relaxing shampoo would go unnoticed.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    I feel bad. Really feel what I would normally try to eat away. Give yourself a few minutes to wallow in self-pity and embarrassment, and pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back to work. Don't let a screw up derail any part of your day. You can do it. Just don't keep beating yourself up over your screw-up.
  • Missypickles86
    Missypickles86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Step away from your desk, get outside for a couple of minutes. I like to walk aroudn the parking lot and listen to music. It really helps remove my mind from the frustrating situation and you come back with a clear head.
  • MonDeee
    MonDeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Go for a quick walk to clear your head. NO ONE is perfect and beating yourself up does nothing. After your quick walk do as much damage control as you can. Send apology emails if necessary. Best of luck and don't worry, everyone's been there at one time or another.
  • carlyhawks05
    carlyhawks05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I walk away from my office and go outside. When I get home, I put on my music and I RUN!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Well I used to smoke a cigarette, LOL. But with the intense work outs that I've been doing...I can't smoke anymore! Not being able to take in full breaths during work outs was no fun! I go outside the office for like 5 minutes for what I call a "smokeless smoke break" lol, and just fu*k around on my phone.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Very good things, guys! :smile:

But does anyone have anything more immediate for while I'm at work? We have a shower, but somehow, I don't think nipping down there for a relaxing shampoo would go unnoticed.

Close your eyes, slow down your breathing, and spend 3 uninterrupted minutes visualizing how AMAZING it will feel when you reach your goal weight. :flowerforyou:
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Does the building you work in have stairs? When I get really stressed I head for the stairwell and just go up and down the stairs for 5 minutes or so, until I feel more relaxed. Then I drink a big glass of ice water and go back to my desk.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    i am my own worst enemy.... i stress bake, then indulge.... so i feel ya.

I stress and indulge. Then I feel guilty.