Starting 30 Day Shred on 25/08/12 - who wants to join me?

Options

Replies

• Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am so in! Great idea - just saw the video on youtube this a.m....I need the inspiration so doing it with a group is great!

Do you think it would be a good idea to make this challenge in the "Groups" section? So we can all keep track of each other and all the posts? Just a thought...you could set it up there and we could all join it :) Whichever way - it will be fun!
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Starting and completing the 30DS is one of my mini goals that I set up when I first joined MFP, however I was planning on waiting until I lost a little more weight and picked up a little more stamina before attempting. But I think I might give it a shot with you guys! I might not finish, but I will get as far as a can and hopefully with the added motivation of a group...who knows, with any luck maybe I will surprise myself and finish this goal sooner than I had planned!!

Go for it! There's always a beginner and advanced version of every move, and you can take a 5 seconds break when you need to. You know your limits; push yourself and you'll get results. Plus as you do more of the advanced moves, for longer and while taking less breaks you'll be really proud of yourself!
  • nhernan6
    nhernan6 Posts: 21
    Options
    I just got mine - I am in!!!!
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm starting Monday as well! However I'm doing it a little differently but would still love to JOIN and have motivational friends to help!! I bought three of her DVDs (30 Day Shred, Shed it with Weights, and Ripped in 30) I plan to alternate the three so I don't get bored. :) For anyone that has done the DVDs before let me know if this sounds ludicris.
  • jniece55
    Options
    I am so in! Great idea - just saw the video on youtube this a.m....I need the inspiration so doing it with a group is great!

Do you think it would be a good idea to make this challenge in the "Groups" section? So we can all keep track of each other and all the posts? Just a thought...you could set it up there and we could all join it :) Whichever way - it will be fun!

I didn't even know you could do that lol. What do you do in the groups?
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Did day 8 today. I take Sat and Sun off and do it five days a week. I switched to level 2 today and enjoyed it so mch more!!
  • sinman22807
    sinman22807 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Im on day 2 today! Already did my work out :)
  • elliemae207
    Options
    I found it on sale for $6.95 at amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345752757&sr=8-1&keywords=30+day+shred

How much does the video cost lady? And would you be okay if I used a different 30 program? Hope you are well!

~Glynis
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have the DVD and have done it off and on for months. It's a great DVD, I also have ripped in 30 which is good. I've been laying softball this summer but that is over after tonight and I need to get back on track. I was planning to pick it up next week sometime anyway.
  • iCanDoThis310
    iCanDoThis310 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will start with you!!!! Add me everyone!!!!
  • MCinSoCal
    Options
    I'll do it, I've done the workout a few times, but skip days in between, it will work best for me if I plan Mon-Fri workouts and leave the weekend out when everyone is home and family life is busy...I think if I can get myself to do the 1st 5 days in a row then it'll give me the drive to keep it up! :smile:
  • jniece55
    Options
    Let's start a group!
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of intimidated by this and I was going to wait until I felt more ready like one of the other ladies on this thread, but if it's on youtube and you're all starting this great foundation of support, then it seems like I need to give it a shot. Will start Saturday! And I think making this a group is a great idea.
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all! I completed 30DS 2 days ago and started Ripped in 30 today. Stick with it, it's totally worth it.

I recommend you take measurements as this is where the biggest difference will be, more so than the scales. Also, the scales will go up and down in the first half, and down steadily in the 2nd half, so I might even recommend you don't look at the scales for the next 2 weeks. And take before and after pics!

If you need extra motivation, go here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673349-30-day-shred-result-show-us-your-before-after-pics

or check out any 30DS success story thread!

This is great! Thanks so much for the extra motivation! ;)
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're all familiar with Jillian Michaels and her magnificent workouts, however for those who aren't who want to do a workout at home using a DVD - get one of hers, she's a winner.

30 Day Shred is one of my favourites - I've attempted it a couple of times, but I've never actually managed to complete the 30 days. I think the furthest I got was 22 days, and I was noticing an amazing difference, but instead of push myself and finish it, I decided I was happy.

Now I've put back on a lot of weight after falling off the wagon for a few months, and I am DETERMINED to finish the full 30 days.

Does anyone else want to join me starting on Sat 25th? Hopefully we can check in here with chat and photos and general updates, and the motivation will keep me going for the 30 days and get my healthy lifestyle back on track! :)

If you want to do it then please feel free to add me ;)

I do !!! I just picked up the dvd today from a friend and I am ready to get started !! I also joined your group as well.
  • LaurDavies
    Options
    Wow! Didn't expect this to take off quite as much as it did, or quite as quickly! But as many of you have suggested, I've started a group for this - so why don't we move this motivational party over there in time for the show on Saturday ;)

You can find it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7995-30-day-shred-starting-25-08-12

And for those of you who need further proof of the results, please check out the link with before and after pictures that was kindly pointed out by 80Ben :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673349-30-day-shred-result-show-us-your-before-after-pics
  • LaurDavies
    Options
    I'll join you but, on a different program if you don't mind. I got Beachbody's Brazil Butt Life that I've been wanting to start.

You have GOT to let me know how good this is, 'cause frankly it sounds magical.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6 of level 1
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I want to join you!