Hi from Manchester UK

Options
Hey.. I'm 32 / Male living in Manchester, UK, looking for a couple of friends to help each other push through the tougher moments!
Last year I realised that ever year since I was born I'd weighed more than the year before and wanted to change that! I lost around 2 stone then after Christmas fell off the wagon and put it all back on again. Early July this year I finally got together the motivation to get going again and have since lost 31lb using the myfitnesspal app.
My target is to lose over 100lb in total and see how I am after that from my starting weight of 285. I enjoy long walks and the majority of my exercise/knackeredness now comes from cycling.
If there is anyone local or further afield that has similar lofty ambitions and and struggles with the commitment from time to time I'd love to hear from you.

Replies

• Swizzle1986
    Options
    Wow congrats on the weight loss so far!! You're doing great so far!
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Hey dude,

I am t'other side t'pennines to you in Leeds but feel free to add me :)
  • Adforperu
    Adforperu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. I live just over the Snake pass from you... past the through-road they call 'Glossop'
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hey congrats on your weight loss, that is awesome! The MFP app is so helpful, it's amazing. I love this site and being able to meet such motivational and supportive friends. Feel free to add me, i'm always up for making new friends!
  • cinemec
    cinemec Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words of support all. It's amazing what a difference a few words of encouragement can do! Went out for a ride again tonight, and while I was stiff from yesterday's exertions, for the first time in a while I felt I had some support on my journey. Hope I can do the same for others on here and wish I'd jumped on the forums sooner!
  • Chezzie71
    Chezzie71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    sending you a request... i have had a struggle day this week and the support you get from MFP buddies is awesome.. well done on your weightloss already.. keep it going and win..xxx