Itching while exercising?

Options
I find when I exercise and start getting heated and sweating, I start itching. Is that normal? It normally goes away after I've cooled down, but it makes it that much harder to exercise! I also have little popping feelings in my legs after a walk. I like to consider it fat dissolving, but I highly doubt that's what it is. LOL

Replies

• Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I get itchy too. Mostly on my legs. I'm not sure what causes it but it is kind of a pain!
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may be having a reaction to something on your skin that comes out when you sweat. I would see your doctor and bring up the issue.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    its an exercise allergy...lol I used to get it sometimes...Sometimes even horrible bumps everywhere that itched! I would try to take an antihistamine (Allergy pill like claritin or zyrtec) about an hour before! Works like a charm for me :)
  • susie769
    susie769 Posts: 11
    Options
    I itch to and my doctor told me its because of the increase in oxygen and blood flow to that area. If its been deprived of vigorous exercise (or any in my case) it is "waking up" so to speak. I make sure to warm up more with stretches and that seems to ease it a little bit
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Another possibility is just your body doesn't like its own sweat. Perhaps invest in some clothes that wick the moisture away from the skin, I still itch when I sweat but I think that has more do do with the fact I haven't got all the poison ivy out of my system yet.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I kinda figured it was just my body rebelling because it hasn't been used in so long. LOL