Calories in sunscreen?

Options

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    k srsly I put coconut oil on instead of lotion I bet I absorb a gazillion cals on OMG the grams of fat too!!! Thats why I can't lose weight see I am that different/special snowflake/unicorn/glitterfarter everyone keeps talking about! WHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :sad:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I used to have serious anxiety about this kinda of stuff.. I found myself wondering how many calories were seeping into my head from my shampoo... True story. Once I started eating again, I don't get these ridiculous illogical thoughts.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Why on earth are you wearing sunscreen? Everyone knows that when you get a sun burn you're burning calories, duh. That's why it's called a burn!!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    seriously?!?!...wow.....:noway:
  • happythermia
    Options
    no wonder why I gained so much weight.

I WAS WEARING SPF 100 EVERY DAY!
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If you're still not losing you might want to try increasing the SPF. And be sure to eat back your sunscreen calories. Counter-intuitive--I know.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I would quick-add at least 350 to be safe.
  • DENALI2017
    Options
    Why on earth are you wearing sunscreen? Everyone knows that when you get a sun burn you're burning calories, duh. That's why it's called a burn!!

I wish that was true, especially for those of us that live in the South (so much sun)!!!
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing long enough to take this seriously hahahahahaha.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right?!!! So, do I also have to measure out the body butter that I put on after my bath each night? And my face-creams? Oh. and maybe I should stop brushing my teeth with toothpaste?!!!

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry too much about this. Much healthier to use the suncream than worrying about the calories! Oh, just a thought, maybe that's why postage stamps became self-sticky in order that we didn't put on weight from licking them as we had to previously!
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The last article I read on Livestrong said it has over 9000.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love you.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Did you eat the bloody thing?...this has to be sarcastic...
  • DENALI2017
    Options
    This is a joke right?!!! So, do I also have to measure out the body butter that I put on after my bath each night? And my face-creams? Oh. and maybe I should stop brushing my teeth with toothpaste?!!!

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry too much about this. Much healthier to use the suncream than worrying about the calories! Oh, just a thought, maybe that's why postage stamps became self-sticky in order that we didn't put on weight from licking them as we had to previously!

OK, I actually checked to see if toothpaste is in the database. The answer is....

-
    -
    -
    -

Nope.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Why are you guys being so hurtful, I thought we were here to support eachother
  • funkyspunky872
    Options

Hahaha, he's joking! :P But I do know of MANY people who go as far as cutting out toothpaste entirely from the fear of hidden calories.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options

I'm just shocked that someone would actually add calories on something you apply to your skin O.o
  • xX_YouHadMyHeart_Xx
    Options
    How does SUNSCREEN have calories? It's absorbed by skin cells, not you're stomach lining!
  • DENALI2017
    Options

Hey, in all seriousness man. I am just messin around. I really didn't mean it if I offended you. It was kindof a most interesting question though. Kudos for that.
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh my days, my belly and cheeks hurt so much from laughing!!!! I freaking love this thread!!!

Thank you so, SO much for such an awesome topic!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • funkyspunky872
    Options
    How does SUNSCREEN have calories? It's absorbed by skin cells, not you're stomach lining!

Pfft, for all I know, it could be possible. I hear kids are shoving alcohol soaked tampons up their a**es and getting drunk. Who knew?