Excercise Calories - Just a simple Yes or No answer required

Options

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Yes.

But only because you're only eating 1,200 calories. If you were eating more to begin with I'd say no unless you were hungry.
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I say no. Do not eat your exercise calories, it's counter productive to burn calories to then eat them back.

fjadsklfjdkljfkdlsjdfsklfj Not if you're already eating at a deficit.
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    If i'm hungry......yes

If i'm not hungry...............no.
  • marylou850
    Options
    I am like you and don't normally exercise. When I do things I don't normally do (a lot of walking at amusements parks, moving heavy stuff around, etc) and log it and then eat it, I tend to not lose any weight. I've found that if I'm hungry and eat some of it, I'm fine. But I don't see it as a license to eat it all back, because then the scale doesn't move. 34 days in and I've lost 8 pounds. Good luck!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I would say if you're hungry, eat some of them back. Especially if you're using MFP's calculations. They tend to calculate them high. Everyone is different. You have to figure out what works for you. If you're losing steady at 1200, you don't want to go eat an extra 500 a day or you will stall or gain at first until your body adjusts.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Hell Yeah!

Much healthier to do so.
  • sandersen50
    sandersen50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No, don't eat them just because they are there, eat them when you feel hungrier than normal becuase of the exercise. Don't exercise to lose weight, don't deprive your body fuel to lose weight. Exercise to get fitter and learn to eat enough to fuel your activities. I know it isn't as easy as it sounds, but it is that simple.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Yes or No.
    Now here's a longer answer.
    Eat what you lost in glycogen, don't eat what you lost in fat.
    In a long cardio workout you use mostly glycogen in the first 20-30 minutes so eat what you burn in that time. carbs of course.
    With weight lifting you should eat it all in carbs otherwise you are depleting your muscles and hampering your performance.
    If you have 2% BF eat or you'll die (eventually).
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Are you honestly going to make a decision that could effect your health based on a simple yes or no poll of complete strangers?
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yes--especially if you are only at 1200 cals to start with. Sorry--I don't follow directions very well :)
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yes. need to fuel the body
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yes
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm new, but based on my reading and how I feel on days I work out, I'd say eat some of the calories back, but not all. Mostly depends on how much you're eating and how you feel.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I say no. Do not eat your exercise calories, it's counter productive to burn calories to then eat them back.

Yeah, I and countless other people on this site who have reached their goal weight were being totally counter productive by eating at least some of our exercise calories back.

*sigh*

MFP already works out your exercise in relation to your deficit. Therefore, you're still eating at a deficit even WITH exercise calories. If you don't want to eat them, fine, but plenty of people on this site can prove it's not counter productive for most people.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you're only eating netting 1200, then definitely YES!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    This is SO not a YES or NO question...

YES - when I feel hungry
    NO - when I don't feel hungry
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    No. I don't trust the calorie count because a) MOST people can't/don't measure their foods etc. b) if you maunally enter your exercise on this site - I believe they give you bogus info.

I, like I was suggested to do, would eat only 50% of your exercise calories and adjust if need be.

Again, I tried to make this short and sweet like most because of your lack of attention span ;)

Cheers!
  • duluthian
    Options
    Eat em' + drink em' = me happy :bigsmile: