Juicing is Great for Weight Loss

Options
The health benefits of juicing are countless. Juicing is great for weight loss, better immune system function, increased energy, glossy hair and smooth, glowing skin.

Juicing aids in weight loss, as it combats the craving for sweets and helps you to feel full. After eating a small meal try drinking a glass of freshly-juiced vegetables and fruits to enjoy the health benefits of juicing, and to help fill you up.

Juicing nourishes the body with vital life-giving live enzymes, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that have not been destroyed by the pasteurization process of commercial juices. Juicing is a quick, easy way to get the nutrients your body needs, and best of all you have the peace of mind knowing that you are giving you and your family what the body needs to ensure good health and vitality for years to come.

In addition, fruit and vegetable juices are good sources of the traditional nutrients. Citrus fruits (grapefruit, oranges, etc.) provide healthy portions of vitamin C. Carrot juice contains large quantities of vitamin A, in the form of beta carotene. A number of green juices are a good source of vitamin E. Fruit juices are a good source of essential minerals like iron, copper, potassium, sodium, iodine, and magnesium, which are bound by the plant in a form that is most easily assimilated during digestion.

Plus, since juicing removes the indigestible fiber, these nutrients are available to the body in much larger quantities than if the piece of fruit or vegetable was eaten whole. For example, because many of the nutrients are trapped in the fiber, when you eat a raw carrot, you are only able to assimilate about 1% of the available beta carotene. When a carrot is juiced, removing the fiber, nearly 100% of the beta carotene can be assimilated.

Finally, fruits and vegetables provide one more substance that is absolutely essential for good health - water. More than 65% of most of the cells in the human body are made of water, and in some tissues, for example the brain, the cells can be made up of as much as 80% water. Water is absolutely essential for good health, yet most people don't consume enough water each day. Plus, many of the fluids we do drink, coffee, tea, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and artificially flavored drinks each contain substances that require extra water for your body to eliminate. Fruit and vegetable juices are free of these unneeded substances and are full of pure, clean water.

Happy Juicing...

Cheers!

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    so without a juicer how would I do the juice thing?? I don't want to spend money on something that I might not like.
  • tracy1069
    Options
    A word of caution: when you juice fruits and vegetables, you are drinking a LOT of carbohydrates at one time. While it may taste good and appear healthy, check out the carb count on the recipes you would be juicing. I bet you will find that it is too much all at once. You should try to spread out your carb intake throughout the day.

Tracy
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    HMMMMMMmm...

Not entirely sold on this,..

Fibre is not a bad thing. Helps keep you regular and helps with Satiety!!! - which is important if your trying to lose weight

Everything in moderation I say!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, um, I see this from time to time on here. This is an add, plain and simple.

You can say anything you want but to me, this is still an add, this is someone trying to get out of buying add space, and I don't like it.
  • rayche319
    Options
    be careful with the juice! i do south beach diet and the juice is the worst part of the fruit for you....it is all carbs, doesnt quench your thirst or fill you up. drinking too much will lead to high blood sugar...if you want fruit, eat the whole thingg, it's better for you and more filling
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yeah, um, I see this from time to time on here. This is an add, plain and simple.

You can say anything you want but to me, this is still an add, this is someone trying to get out of buying add space, and I don't like it.

Totally advertising for free and such a turn off.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Ditto that.
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    I don't find anything in the post where something is being sold. Just an alternative idea to weight loss. I happen to like green juices. Tastes good and full of live enzymes!! Sometimes I do a celery, cucumber, kale, lemon and green apple juice!! Cleanses my liver and tastes great!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I make fresh juice almost every morning. All carbs are not evil. How many people have a glass of orange juice, v8, or even cranberry juice from a bottle? Yes, I agree eating fresh fruits and veges may be better for me but, I can only handle so much salad. At least I know exactly what I am eating. This morning I had carrot/apple/spinach/cranberry juice. Yesterday, I had 2 oranges juiced. I do snack on fresh fruits ands veges through the day. I have been successful losing weight by counting calories, exercising, and eating better. I plan to continue making fresh juice.
  • Solandra
    Options
    I don't find anything in the post where something is being sold. Just an alternative idea to weight loss. I happen to like green juices. Tastes good and full of live enzymes!! Sometimes I do a celery, cucumber, kale, lemon and green apple juice!! Cleanses my liver and tastes great!!
    His avatar is a weightloss ad, actually, even if his text never mentions a product other than juicing.

That said, I juice vegetables a few fruits for specific purposes - 1 apple and 6 stalks of celery and a carrot usually take care of a tension headache or serious stress (potassium in the celery, with the apple and carrot for taste, sometimes with a handful or two of fresh spinach). That may be psychological, mind you, and it's not something I do every week or even every month.

Tastes great, yes. Better for you than commercial juices? Sure, since you can control salt and sugar added during processing - but that's true of any food made at home. Mind your carbs just like with any other food. As a sole source of nutrition while dieting? No, not a good idea at all unless you're being supervised by a doctor for a specific medical reason.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

Ditto that.

I concur! Just an add!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I like juice but what do you do with all the solid matter after? just throw it out? What a waste. I can't eat 8 oranges in one meal but I sure can drink them. I don't think the calories are worth it.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Juicing can also be very expensive....there are many fruit and veggies required to make 1 glass of juice....
    The juice is healthier than most store bought & the carbs are complex so there aren't bad, in moderation.

Something else to keep in mind.....replacing too many meals with liquid will mess up your metabolism!!!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    We have a Jack La Lanne juicer. It was $100 I think. A couple times a week during dinner I will juice veggies and fruit for the three of us to drink. 1/3 english cucumber, spinach, kale and couple stalks of celery are the base, and lately a few kiwis, a half an apple, two or three carrots, a couple cutie oranges. That is enough for us three, and one of us is a 3 year old.

It really does help keep us regular, TMI I know. And since it doesn't come from a glass jar or juice box, I count the whole vegetable in the calories. If you balance the veggies and put just enough fruit in there so it doesn't taste green it really isn't too bad.

I guess at the end of the day if you are really watching your sugars and carbs then think twice, but I find it to be filling and really helpful with digestion and stomach issues.

Lacey

ad - advertisement
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Oh and we throw all the solid waste into our compost pile. I know not everyone has one...but that is what we do with it. Or if I just juice carrots and apples, I'll sometimes throw the solid into a baggie and freeze it to use in cakes later.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Veggie juicing is good but fruit juicing.. too much calorie.