Any other horse riders on here??

Options
I was curious to know if there are any other horse riders on here. Would love to have a friend that is a fellow rider.

Because of some bad car accidents I have not been riding half as much as I used too but am slowly making a come back.

Any one else in the same boat?

Replies

• kann09
    kann09 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I am not injured but, I rode and shown horses for 33 years. I used to ride english and western.
  • LORA0504
    LORA0504 Posts: 22
    Options
    We currently have two horses but haven't ridden for quite a while. I do not have an injury to your degree but have issues with a couple of discs in my neck (degenerative disc disease) and bone spurs. Doctors seem to think it's the result of a car accident I had back in the 90s. We ride western. Our mare (Black) is Quarterhorse/Arabian and our gelding is a Quarterhorse (Palimino).
  • Adara13
    Adara13 Posts: 50
    Options
    Would either of you mis if I invited you? Please? Lol. Would love to have some horse rider friends in here as well.
  • felicity866
    felicity866 Posts: 120
    Options
    hi...i have plenty of horses waiting for me in the paddock...lol...i stopped riding when my weight made me very unbalanced...just getting back on track now slowly!!

feel free to add me and we can encourage each other!!
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello I used to ride all the time but now days I dont get too but I do miss it very much. I hope you have a great day.
  • Adara13
    Options
    Hi Ivan
    I am afraid horses is my biggest addiction ;-). Even worse than chocolate's"
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have three horses at my place. Haven't ridden for over a year. Would really love to get back into it but the horse i was riding is now retired and i am moving towards the end of the year. I hope that when I get older I am able to buy another one for fun. I am hoping to buy a bit of land. And when I have kids get them into it (if I have the money!!!). Horses were such a big part of my growing up, and I want my kids to have that as well.
  • Adara13
    Options
    Jacqui same with me. I still have the horse that my dad bough me for my birthday in1999 even thou the man is getting old now. But at 18 we still keep him in light work other wise he just stops eating and sulks! I have a young filly that I bred myself ( Arabian) and she is soon to be 5 but I can't ride her because I am just too fat! One of my biggest reasons for doing this is riding her....
  • LORA0504
    LORA0504 Posts: 22
    Options
    No problem! Feel free to friend me!
  • RondaK1
    RondaK1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    what...????!!! horses??? hook me up yeah!! everybody friend me please ;)
    this below here is my girl Tehya Ayache.. Tehya for short (Chippewa for Precious little one) she is a 5 yr old foundation quarter horse that i bought when she was 6mos old ...she is Poco Bueno and my addiction..ok... maybe not my only addiction..
  • deales
    deales Posts: 13
    Options
    I used to ride horses and have my own pony when I was in my mid-teens, and rode up until about 7 years ago. I have put on about twice my weight and size since a teen and I am now planning on losing 6 stones just so that I can get back into the saddle!!!! Please add me as a friend and we can all motivate one another; I am really secretly only losing weight just so that I can ride again!!!

(p.s - I love horses more than chocolate, crisps [my biggest addiction] and perhaps my husband ;-)).

:laugh:
  • NinaK14
    NinaK14 Posts: 2
    Options
    I used to own and ride horses, unfortunately career and lack of good yards around where I live forced me to give up. Do miss horsey contact and cuddles, but dont miss the hard work in all weathers!
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Have 2 horses and my Mum has 3..

Danny is a highland x connemara and Edward is a ID x Cob (16.3 and spooky boy!!)

Have sent you a friend request, we have a group MFP Horse Enthuiasts if you wanted to join x
  • geco1983
    geco1983 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm totally addicted to horses ;o)
    I don't own one, but take care of a lovely mare (? do you say so?) on four to six days a week!
    Alina (the horses name) is a fantastic teaching horse cause she starts really nagging an crazy things if I don't pay her enough attention.
    It took me close to one year to reach our first goal: stay in the saddle, even when she leaves no doubt that she has other plans with (or rather without) me.

Feel free to add me!!
  • RondaK1
    RondaK1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Doing a 10,000 steps a day challenge for the month of Aug . Took Tehya out and she was so full of pent up energy she promptly bugged out ,jumped all around , did a few French twist type things and knocked my pedometer off ...lol found it later that day after both her and I got a bath, another lol well it's off to work ...good day all :wink:
  • Adara13
    Options
    Sound like my horses. I used to walk parts when we did endurance training but grew lazy when it was just arena training. That is an idea thou!!
  • mac4069
    mac4069 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Friesian and an Oldenburg and ride dressage and jumpers. Need to lose some weight before I'll continue jumping though. I would love some friends on here