Why am I so hungry??

Options
Most days I'm fine with the number of calories I'm allotted (1800). I even try to stay below or just above that when I get to the track and earn more calories from working out. Even so today I was just simply ravenous!! I've been hungry all day and trying not to gorge on crap but I find it happening more and more.

What is the deal?!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Two things that can help keep you feeling full: protein and fiber. You might need to eat more of it in your meals/snacks.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Two things that can help keep you feeling full: protein and fiber. You might need to eat more of it in your meals/snacks.

Totally agree! I find raw veggies, boiled eggs, tuna, raw fruit nice and filling.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.

^^ Please and thank you :)
  • ohgurl67
    ohgurl67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein!!!!
  • koneill
    koneill Posts: 26
    Options
    More protein and fiber especially at breakfast! I get like that when I work out, hungry ALL THE TIME. But if I eat a big enough, balanced (protein, fiber, good carbs) breakfast it helps.
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    More water
    More natural, raw foods
    More rest (7-9 hours a night of uninterrupted sleep)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.

Basically, if someone is eating 1800 calories of crap, they're going to be hungry a lot of the time.

It's impossible to advise someone about why they might be feeling hungry if you can't see what they're eating and in what quantities.
  • gwgrymes
    Options
    Drink crystal light -it helps!