Question about low carb

Options
ok so I am trying to stick to kind of low carb breakfasts, but my favorite is oatmeal but trying to be healthy I add in some ground flax seed and a tsp of coconut oil plus a tsp of light mayo then some splenda. Does this still sound healthy or should I go with something else? I find I need something that will keep me really full.

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine to me. You could substitute Chia seeds for the flax seeds. They absorb water and expand in your stomach making you feel fuller. They are full of fiber. :)
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    that sounds wonderful! try adding some protein powder to the oatmeal too. mmmm.
  • SexyBoomer
    SexyBoomer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I add soy protein powder, with the vanilla flavor you may not need milk. Or use unsweetened almond milk, if you want milk (1 carb per cup). That keeps me full and energetic until lunch
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    You could try the refrigerator oatmeal. It is quite good.

Ingredients
    • 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
    • 1/3 cup Protein Drink (I use Atkins protein vanilla)
    • 1/4 cup CarbMaster Yogurt
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
    • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/4 to 1/3 cup raspberries (cut each berry in half), or enough to fill jar . Or any fruit to match yogurt
    • Optional add nuts to add protein. (you will need to adjust cal and fat)

Directions
    In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, . Stir until well combined. Add raspberries and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or as long as 2-3 days. Eat chilled.
  • kandmwilson2000
    kandmwilson2000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I make the oatmeal with water but it still seems like a lot of calories.