How do you drink your protein?

Options
I have been making protein shakes almost daily but I am getting tired of having the same shake over and over again. I buy the vanilla powder and usually just add banana or peanut butter to it with 3/4 cup of milk but it just gets boring having the same one all the time so I'm looking for ideas on other ways to get my protein powder in. This morning I added it to my coffee and didn't really care for that because it tasted too powdery (I'm sure that's not even a word but it was the best I could use to describe it). How do you drink your protein???

Replies

• jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    How much protein would you like in your drink? Does it need to be a drink? A few days ago there were these protein pancakes that were a nice change!
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Add it to some Greek Yogurt - it's delicious.

Try a berry mix for something different (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries).

Use Almond milk, some espresso powder and a bit of cinnamon to make up a yummy latte version : )

I also use it to make a breakfast bar that has a reasonably good macro balance.
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancakes!- I use sugar free syrup

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    3/4 t. baking powder
    1/2 t. cinnamon
    2 stevia packets
    1/2 t. vanilla

Directions:
    mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir just until they are mixed well. do not overstir.

Pour 1/3 of the batter into skillet. cook as you would with other pancakes.

I used sugar free syrup on mine. You could top with fruit, etc...

I'm thinking of making up quite a few to have ready in the mornings! They are that good!!!!

Makes 3 pancakes

125 calories
    4 g carbs
    2 g fat
    23 g protein
    3 g sugar
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I add half a scoop of vanilla protein powder to a cup of plain Greek yogurt, then add in half a packet of a drink mix thingy (so far my favorite is sugar free blackberry blueberry) and add some more berries and granola. It's really good and high in protein too. You can also check out the protein shake recipes from dashingdish.com- I'm a big fan of the cake batter one :)
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    How much protein would you like in your drink? Does it need to be a drink? A few days ago there were these protein pancakes that were a nice change!

I use one scoop of the powder.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I mix mine in oatmeal.
  • dsimpson112
    Options
    I apologize if I am being redundant, I posted this once before but incase you missed it and i definitely think it's worth repeating...

Use baking extracts to add variety to your protein shakes...

Thin Mint Protein Shake

1 cup milk of your liking
    1 cup ice
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 pack sweetener
    1 tsp mint extract
    Mix until desired consistency in blender

Root Beer Float Shake

1 cup milk of your liking
    1 cup ice
    1 packet sweetener
    1 tsp root beer extract
    Mix until desired consistency in blender

See where I am going with this? Get creative!

Also...

Protein pudding is delish!

1 box Jello sugar free instant pudding (any flavor)
    1 scoop protein powder (chocolate is good with chocolate pudding, vanilla with vanilla, but again, get creative!)
    Put in blender with the amount of milk required by directions on side of box.
    I usually put a few ice cubes in to thicken and chill, but thats your call.
    Blend until pudding consistency...enjoy! (sugar free cool whip is amazing on this!)
  • tkbronico
    Options
    I mix in a bowl vanilla protein with 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and 1/4 cup oatmeal (not cooked)...very yummy and quite filling for the amount you are getting. Makes me feel like I am having a meal instead of a shake for breakfast.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Why, what have you heard?

I mean, in a blender. With a bit of banana, some ice, sometimes pumpkin and cinnamon, sometimes a little spinach. Whatever's handy.
  • Ivarivdnoe
    Ivarivdnoe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe that I can't wait to try! I just found it!

1 scoop protein powder (of your choice)
    1 tsp of almond butter
    1/2 cup of coconut milk
    1 tsp of cayenne pepper
    1/2 tsp of cinnamon
    1 whole banana
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    #1: Get a really good tasting protein powder (if your isn't already) I look forward to drinking mine every day. I use Gaspari Myofusion in chocolate and it's aaamazing!

#2: I love this protein crepe recipe from Oxygen magazine. I tend to be a night eater but when I make these before bed I stay full.
    1 scoop protein powder
    4 egg whites
    1/4 C Blueberries
    Stevia to taste, 1-2 packets (I think this is optional, I don't use it b/c the berries sweeten it up)
    cinnamon or cocoa powder to taste (I usually forget this step!)
    1 tbsp Peanut/almond butter (optional but delicious!)

Mix the egg whites, protein powder, and desired stevia and spices together. Pour the mixture in to a nonstick pan, cook and fold it over as if you were making a crepe.

240 Cals

9 g Fat

11 g carbs

25 g protein

Fiber: 1 g
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I drink milk.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    screwww shakes! i put my protein powder in my oatmeal every morning :) with some cocoa powder, coconut shreds or fruit. mmmmmmm!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I drink it standing on my head, naked, covered in baby oil, and humming the star wars opening credits theme song in the middle of the Common in Salem MA....Oh wait you wanted recipes...oops
  • haylz247
    Options
    same everyday haha in a shaker with water. gets boring but i'm lazy :wink:
  • AddA2UDE
    Options
    Why, what have you heard?

LOL!
  • racemary
    racemary Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancakes!- I use sugar free syrup

2 egg whites
    1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    3/4 t. baking powder
    1/2 t. cinnamon
    2 stevia packets
    1/2 t. vanilla

Directions:
    mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir just until they are mixed well. do not overstir.

Pour 1/3 of the batter into skillet. cook as you would with other pancakes.

I used sugar free syrup on mine. You could top with fruit, etc...

I'm thinking of making up quite a few to have ready in the mornings! They are that good!!!!

Makes 3 pancakes

125 calories
    4 g carbs
    2 g fat
    23 g protein
    3 g sugar

Those sound amazing! I'll try them asap
    I buy pure soya protein; can't have dairy and don't like the taste of sweetener, so I have to be very creative to make that stuff taste ok ;) Usually I mix sweetened soya milk with fruit and/or peanut butter and one scoop. For lower cal options I use kara coconut milk or almond milk. Sometimes I put chocolate powder in my shakes for a treat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Damn I thought this thread would be something different....