Personal victory

Options
agw1973
agw1973 Posts: 20 Member
First a little about me. I started my journey the first part of the year. I started weighing in at over 450 pounds. As you can imagine I didn't do much of anything but go to work, eat and sit on the couch. I knew I needed to do something different but I never did. Long story short I stumbled on this site and my life has changed. I started logging my food and started walking. I saw some changes and that obviously was very encouraging. After a couple of weeks I started swimming laps at the YMCA. The more I did the better I felt. Fast forward seven month of swimming I decided to try the c25k program. I am very proud to say that as of today I just completed week 5 with my 20 minute run. I can't believe how I felt after completing the run. I now know that I can complete this program and move on to another healthy venture. I have lost a total of 138 p
ounds with alot more to lose.

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Wow, great feat!! Congratulations! :) Very inspiring. I'm 320lbs and I'm always concerned about running with so much weight on me (even though I LOVE to run - I just can't lol), but reading your story makes me want to get out and start right away!! Thank you. :)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • TXStephSki
    TXStephSki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome!!!
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    WTG! keep up the good work!!
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    Holy $h!t!! that's awesome, keep it up and thanks for the inspiration
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    You have done amazing! Keep up the good work. You are so much stronger and healthier now!
  • mpbfmom
    mpbfmom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations & keep up the good work!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am flabbergasted by the amount of courage and dedication people display. I was being extra careful with my knees and legs when it came to running and here you are taking the initiative and going out there, without excuses or delay even at a slightly higher weight. I love the way that nothing is holding you back. Truly an inspiration. Be well.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    awesome! Very inspirational!
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • agw1973
    agw1973 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It has been tough but I am committed to seeing this thing trhough.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!