I'm Jeff, 33 years old.

Options
emtjmac
emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
Hi! I'm from Massachusetts and while I made this account some time ago, I haven't done anything to try and achieve my goals. I'm currently doing the couch-to-5k running program and I started yesterday. It felt great to work out. I tend to burn out quickly by trying to do too much too fast but this time I'm really trying to be reasonable and pace myself. It's difficult because I don't have very much patience but I certainly have more than I used to; four kids will do that to you! I have been in EMS for 10 years and am currently a paramedic. I am six feet tall and 310 pounds. My goal is to run my first 5k race in November. Hi!

Replies

• InezRny
    InezRny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! :D
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Hi, Jeff! I'm 33 years old and from Massachusetts too. ;) (although I'm living in New Hampshire at the moment). Good luck with the 5k! :D
  • nancy4b2g
    Options
    Welcome back Jeff. I just started in June. I absolutely understand what you mean with 4 children. Mine are all grown up physically but mentally the last one gives me a run for my money and he is 23. I have 5 children.

I use to be like you with hurry up and get things done. It has only been the last 2 years that I have slowed down. I had to have everything done and done now. I have learned that even though my house was clean and I was a star performer at work that it really didn't make a difference if the trash was taken out today or tomorrow. And I don't have to dust every day. My job, I don't work all those extra hours like I use to. Espically since that cut my hours and my benefits. I work for the public school system.

So take it slow and gradual. Good luck. I am here to support you on your journey.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    zlEH6.gif
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • liljgrafix88
    liljgrafix88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey jeff, hey this site is full of people to help support each other. !!!
  • Onmynewadventure
    Options
    Hey from South Carolina!!! Welcome back!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff! You've got this man!
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Wow! I didn't expect so many people to reply to my post! It's really encouraging to have other people to talk to who have similar goals!
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Hi!
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard~ I'm doing C25K as well! Good luck :happy:
  • BalletBadass
    Options
    Hi Jeff, welcome! I went to grad school in New Hampshire, so have a very soft spot for New England. Good luck with C25K. It's a great program!

Forgot to mention - I have 4 kiddos as well, so certainly have empathy for that. I aspire to be able to run with both twins in the jogging stroller. I can only manage one now, and they keep getting heavier!
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Jeff. I'm nearing 80 lbs (since February) and can tell you it's not as hard as you think. Go get 'em!
  • annebrantley
    Options
    hey jeff - welcome back. I just joined today - and I am determined to not go to bed feeling like a failure any more!

Congrats on the couch to 5K - I have many friends who are doing that and they love it....
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff! Congrats on starting the C25K! I did the program about a year ago, and it was fantastic! I always felt like I was pushing myself, but not so much that I didn't want to do the next workout because I was too tired out. I'm also 33 (well, i will be next week) and i have 3 kids, so i know how hard it can be to focus on yourself when you have other people who need you! MFP is a great place to be if you need a little support to stay motivated. Good luck to you, and I hope you reach all your goals!
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Today was my 2nd day doing the C25K and I find it very exciting never have run before but I havent been this weight since high school .LOL I have lost 51 pounds since Feb. and this has been the easiest program I have ever followed so I know you can do it and good luck. You can add me as a friend if you like always looking for friends.