Clean eating

Options
Which do you think is best ...trying to eat clean or having some things like sugar free coffee creamer and some low fat snacks.

I'm so confused by all the different stuff out there. Low fat, low carb, only calories count, no sugar.

What do I do ?

Replies

• spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're going to get responses on both side of the fence here. Personally I think you need to do something that you are going to be able to do for the rest of your life, because it's a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix.

If you are capable of clean eating for the rest of your life without feeling deprived, go for it. Try it out and see how you like it. I don't think there is anything wrong with low fat snacks/coffee creamer, or anything really as long as it is in moderation. Since I want to do this for life I don't want to leave anything out that I am going to miss greatly. Just my two cents.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I try to eat fruits, veggies and whole foods - but I don't live by rule that I can't eat other stuff. However, I am not a fan of low-fat, low-carb, sugar-free, etc. There is always something added to the food to make it taste good after they take the fat or sugar out. And it's usually either chemicals or sodium. So I'd rather have the real version, just less of it.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My two cents would be maybe both. Meaning that eat cleanly 80-90% of the time and the rest allow yourself to not eat so cleanly. It's what I do so I don't feel deprived. You have to think of it as a lifestyle otherwise you'll wind up not following through. Hope that helps.