too few calories

Options
I am struggling to make up my last few calories each day by like 15 to 25 calories. I know it isnt much but does this matter? I am finding it hard to hit 1200 spot on. Is it better to go a little bit over?

Replies

• brh2010
    brh2010 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am struggling to make up my last few calories each day by like 15 to 25 calories. I know it isnt much but does this matter? I am finding it hard to hit 1200 spot on. Is it better to go a little bit over?

Nobody should be eating fewer than 1200 calories a day. That's pretty low. Is that total calories consumed or net calories (calories consumed after exercise)?
  • Andromeda173
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I have to eat 1200 net to get any sort of meaningful deficit. If I'm under by ten or twenty calories, I don't sweat it. Yeah, that little red message is annoying, but it's basically impossible to be perfectly exact with your caloric intake anyway--I might have hit 1200 anyway, even if the calculations don't show it. Ten or twenty calories over or under won't make enough of a difference for you to worry about. :)
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I figure if you are close enough on paper/food tracker, you may have consumed enough since calories and measurements are not always 100% on target. Just my thoughts.
  • croderiques
    croderiques Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks this makes me feel a little better. I am 5'2 & am supposed to consume 1200. It is just tricky to hit it spot on.