Crunchy snack ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• cafqueen
    cafqueen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like sweet potato wheat thins with 1tbsp light cream cheese. good when you are craving a little sweet. so crunchy too
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is Crispy Minis Crunchy Dill - they're only 90 calories for 12 of them, and they seriously do not taste like rice cakes in the least. So much dill and crunch!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips!
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Roasted kidney beans, there are done like roasted chickpeas, but come out really crunchy without being hard
    Roasted kale
    Seaweed chips
    Special k crackers
    Veggie straws
    Cereal blends
    34 degree roasted crackers
    Mini rice crisps
    Thinly sliced veggies roasted dry
    My newest find has been fried dried fruit. One bag is sweet and crunchy an only 40 cal each
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    When I want a crunch in or with my meal I add water chestnuts.

Example - Taco salad you would want chips... but instead I put water chestnuts in the meat when I cook it. They stay crunchy and absorb the meat flavor so you don't really notice them except that they crunch when you eat them.
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    I was craving something crunchy and finally found a fix in roasted plantain chips. I got mine at Trader Joe's - yum!

wait no stop! i was just about to write this! THESE ARE DELICIOUS PLEASE BUY THEM !
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    When I want something crunchy the Trader Joe's Lite Kettle Korn is delish! They come in individual bags so that way one can't over eat! :happy:
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Not sure if these are in your area but I use Veggie Chips. I have also discovered Pretzel Thins that Pepperidge Farms (and another company that already has them counted and in individual baggies--can't recall the name, however) that are really good especially since I like to eat with hummus.
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    Pan roasted pepitas... Yummm
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    I found roasted/Salted Soya Beans the other day too very minimal cals....

Gonna try and find some of that roasted kale... One of my fav greens.... mmmmmm
  • viki_88
    viki_88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn

cucumber slices with laughing cow cheese

multigrain rice thins (my new go-to salty crunchy snack - 10 crackers for 80 calories!)

banana or apple chips (I have a dehydrator and make my own)

almonds
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    Skinny pop popcorn (10 calories for 1/4 of a cup )
    Carrots
    Celery
    Popcakes (I like Kim's Magic Pop cakes- 15 cals a piece and it's about the size of a dessert plate)
  • erinn83bis
    Options
    Kale chips (Just agreeing with many other people. They don't sound wonderful but they taste GREAT. I like them a lot with just a light sprinkling of salt or parmesan cheese.)

Popcorn (which you can often buy in snack bags or find in vending machines if you are feeling a sudden and uncontrollable crunch urge). Invest in an air popper! They are much better than the microwave kind.

Popchips. You can buy them in many flavors and they have about 100 calories a serving (if you buy the big bags, they measure the servings a bit bigger so the calories are higher). I am addicted to the sweet potato and the barbeque. I just bought the thai chili kind. Yums.

Roasted chickpeas. You can season them any way you want (spicy, salty, sweet). I haven't tried them yet, but they sound (and look) AMAZING.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Look for the Terra brand of chips - they're all vegetable but taste like great chips. Also, seapoint farms dry roasted edamame (green soy beans) are crunchy & yummy.
  • meghanp92
    Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions everybody! I bought some almonds and popchips at the grocery store this time. Also tried the sugar snap pea recipe tonight, amazing!