Thyroid problems?

Options
Anyone out there with hypo or hyper or hasimotos thyroid problems? I know mine has taken its toll on my weight. Have any of you found a good diet that helps you loose your weight or helps you all around with your thyroid health?

Replies

• adorability
    adorability Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well, you already know I have that problem but I've cut out A LOT of carbs and sweets.
  • kannemollen
    kannemollen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump*

i'm in the same boat, sista!
  • xoTammyox
    xoTammyox Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm hypo and I found that I have to cut down on my food and workout extra hard. As long as I have blood work done every 6 months and am being regulated. . . I'm OK.

**cutting dairy products has helped.
  • lajonna
    lajonna Posts: 36
    Options
    Yeah i recently had an issue when my thyroid freaked out and loaded my system with a ton of histamine. And so everything i ate...I had an allergic reaction to! So then i went all gluten free...for a while...till my thyroid decided to let me be able to eat my 12 grain toast again.
  • lajonna
    lajonna Posts: 36
    Options
    I was hypo first then went super hyper. I have blood work every 6 weeks since i have hasimotos...which is a combination of the two. So its super back and forth. Eating right is the only way i have been able to keep my dose the same for the past 2 months.
  • Mzprencess47
    Options
    I have they same problem & looking for a solution I lost b4 but I gained it back:( but cutting carbs & sweets seemed to have worked so I'm gonna go back to that. There's hope just gotta find what works for you :smile:
  • kellynfelix
    Options
    Gluten free has really helped me to stay stable and not rollercoaster between hyper and hypo:)
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have Hoshimotos (sp) and large thyroid nodules. I have lost 50 pounds but it's taken me 2 years. My doctor told me it is harder to lose weight with thyroid problems but not impossible. Try not to use it as a crutch. If you work hard you will lose weight anyway it will just take a little longer. Good luck and add me if you want a friend!! :)
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have a hyperactive thyroid but it's stabalized about a year ago. When I was getting it stabalized and went on the meds I gained a tonn of weight quickly but it's finally starting to come off.

So far the only thing that worked for me was a low carb diet (low GI). I tried a lot of exercise and 40/30/30f diet and that didn't work so well.
  • AthenaArcher
    AthenaArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have hyper and have had it sense I was a teenager. The thing that helped me the most was I stopped eating red meat I know that this is not for everyone but the hormones and steroids that the company's were giving the cows was what was making my thyroid go so crazy. Good luck!
  • tedybehr
    tedybehr Posts: 31
    Options
    i have hashimotos.. its horrible. i had radiation acrossed my jaw line and it really hurt my thyroid.. doctors couldnt figure why i was gaining weight. finally someone told me about this one regular gp and i went. he found the hashimotos .. it took awhile to get it under control, but once they did i lost almost 90lbs.i am at a high dose... i lost my health insurance in jan and had a problem getting my med, i was off the medicine for 6 months and packed on 40 lbs.. well i started my meds again and i am down almost 20 lbs, i started before i started using this awesome website.. but anyways thryoid issues basically suck...
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Medication works great.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes! They truly suck. Meds did not help me lose weight. I ended up doing something also that helped. I feel so much better. Its a relief