There's a change already

Options
Okay, so I didn't want to jinx anything or get too excited and post this early, but it's been 2 weeks (5 days on MFP) and I have already lost some weight....i weighed myself on the weekend, and i was already down 3lbs!! Then today as I was leaving work, I noticed that my shirt, which to be really clingy, is NOW LOOSE!!!! What a motivation...I didn't get to go for my walk last night, so I feel so gross....seriously....It's storming here now, but I actually WANT TO GO! LOL...anyone that knows me, would be absolutely shocked by this!! I am probably the most lazy person ever and they all know that HAHA...

I am determined to make this my year. I am SO proud of myself. I normally would have given up at the first sign of being too hungry. But something in me keeps telling me to not give up this time. As I didn't get to go for my walk last night, I'm going to attempt to venture out in the storm we are having before it gets too bad. Before, I would have been too excited to use the weather as an excuse NOT to go. But I actually WANT to go. I don't know has gotten into me!! Lol

I just wanted to share my little story.

Carry on :happy:

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    That's great that you feel that way! Keep it up, remember it gets easier as time goes on, it just becomes another part of your day, something you HAVE to do!
  • manetta33
    Options
    Keep it up! It's awesome when hit the point you want to exercise. Go take that walk!!:bigsmile:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up the good work! You feel better when you exercise! Congrats.
  • weebles
    weebles Posts: 50
    Options
    Congrats on everything!!!!! Just keep reaching down into your soul and remember that you want to do this FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's great! I know what you mean about wanting to exercise and not feeling good when you can't. I used to HATE working out. I would have rather watched tv or something, but now I don't feel right if I don't work out. It's became a part of my life, and I would have never thought that a few years ago. It realy does get better and easier as you go along too. I know from experience. lol Keep it up and you'll reach your goals before you know it!!
  • Questfor250
    Options
    Great Job Girl. Arienna beat me but I agree, I am into my third week and the hunger pains have greatly diminished. In just 21 days it becomes a habit right? I feel it already is as I have shifted to the common question every time I eat. "Is it worth it" "Can I fit it is and still eat other foods later in the day?" I am driving my wife nuts because I am obsessing about my structured meals. But it is working. How do I know? She sees it in my face already. But I wholeheartedly agree, it is a great feeling when during your busy day you notice a change such as a shirt fitting looser or, for me, I am constantly pulling my pants up. I am in such a good mood now it is benefitting everything i do. In addition to the fact that I am sticking to 2000 calories, tomorrow I am diving into a cardio program. Ugh but it needs to be done. I want the weight off quicker. Put in an hour and get a credit of 750 calories. I like that. That will give me room to enjoy one of my favorite meals out one night. Sloppy, deep fried sweet and sour chicken with pork fried rice. its bad but when I do I will get the lunch size. :) I used to eat that 4-5 days per week for lunch. I want it but I don't crave it anymore. It almost make me sick thinking about putting deep fried food into my body now.

It blows me away that I am actually thinking this way. I have done virtually nothing with my body for 25 years. After failing miserably with Nutrisystem and going broke while doing the plan, I stopped. So much for that idea. That was four years ago. This time though I am past the fear of dieting and managing my intake. I can do it. I think of it every time I reach behind and pull my 44/34 pants up because the are drooping. The laughter I have is a new thing. I am feeling good for the first time in a long time.
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    Well, I made it back safe and sound, and feel SOOOOO good...Now I don't feel so guilty for not going last night.......it was worth trudging through the snow...Now i can put supper in the oven, and hop in the shower!!! aaahhhh....

And Quest, I completely agree with you, I never imagined the day when the words "I WANT TO GO FOR A WALK" would come out of my mouth...it looks like a lot of us are planning to makes this year, our year....and it feels freaking fantastic!!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! This site does work when we use it!!!!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    Great Job!!! This site does work when we use it!!!!

exactly...i told my co-worker today who referred me here, that i'm so glad i joined because it has been a huge success!! i would not have lost the little bit of weight I did so far, I didn't know how to control my calories.....it's amazing!
  • Questfor250
    Options
    There is an accountability in using this website. I love it. As a former athlete I always would do what the coach told me regardless. That's what you did as an athlete. I feel the biggest key is to stick to the 6 meals plan. It helped me get into it and even though I have forgone the morning snack I am amazed how fairly easy it has been to feel satisfied with the limited calories. It has had a mental effect on my way of thinking for the positive. I KNOW I am going to get down to 250. There is not a single shred of negativity in this program. And any that is there, it is easily rectified with the support of my fellow myfitnesspal members. This is a great service. I am so happy to have found it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!