How bad is avoiding all the water?

Options
I'm not saying I don't drink it.. I'm just saying I'm totally maxxed out on my ability to drink it by the fifth glass, even if I drink nothing else all day. And that is pushing it.. I have acid reflux. When I don't have food in my stomach, I can't drink anything, so I used to have a drink, start feeling the acid burning, and have some crackers. I can't do that if I want to lose weight. But I can't drink this much water if I'm not eating crackers all day. I'm already on a Max dose of Tums per 24hours just to sleep at night.

Is bailing on the water really that bad? Since the alternative is to force myself to drink it and then I can't do anything but stand very still trying not to puke. How bad can it really be to just drink water when I need it, even if it only adds up to 3 or 4 glasses?

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    It's not really bad if you're not thirsty. As long as you're not drinking sugary drinks instead it doesn't matter much. You can get a lot of water depending on the type of foods you eat.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross but I test if I'm getting enough water this way: Do I ever "feel" thirsty? If so they I am already on my way to dehydration and what color is my pee? if it's light yellow it's all good, the darker it gets the more it shows I need to drink more. I also try to just sip on it throughout the day instead of trying to drink a whole glass at once.