What to do tonight with excess calories.

Options
After eating healthy today and then exercising I now have a deficit of 1600 calories for the day. Its 9:17 do I eat some ice cream or something to make up some or just let it be? Any opinion appreciated.

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, just spread out those over tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Don't eat because MFP told you so...
  • 55AngelH55
    55AngelH55 Posts: 117
    Options
    OMK4j.gif
  • 3Daughtersin2015
    3Daughtersin2015 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just had the same problem so I ate a banana, a skinny cow candy bar, and some bologna with chesse, and im still under what I need. I'm just going to give up, and save it for tomorrow.
  • nrbromert
    nrbromert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry which I never am after exercising, I never go to my cals anyway, but don't think I have been this far away.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Calories are a "trend" more than a 24hr fixed amount. "Use" them if you want a treat some other day, on a day you are over, or just let them go into deficit land.

OR---- GIVE THEM TO ME!!!!:devil:

I ALWAYS need more.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Come drink the rest of my bottle of mead and eat the apple crisp I just made.... before I do! :blushing:
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Calories are a "trend" more than a 24hr fixed amount. "Use" them if you want a treat some other day, on a day you are over, or just let them go into deficit land.

^^ this :)
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you are no hungry don't eat, don't force yourself!
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Sell them on the black market
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • iBetYouDontBelieveMe
    Options
    don't eat it.
    especially since it's late, those calories will just sit with you overnight and add into the morning, and it'll be like you waaaay over ate tomorrow.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Sorry off topic, but beautiful pups.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    OMK4j.gif

love that!!!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have this problem A LOT. I usually eat 1000-1200 calories and that's more than enough for me. I'm not about to eat because I'm not hungry. Your body will let you know in some way or another, that you're not eating enough.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Save em for happy hour tomorrow! I look at my calories by the week, intentionally not eating all most days so that I can have extra for going out to dinner or getting drinks :)
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Seriously not trying to be rude....but try eating breakfast next time...and maybe some healthy snacks throughout the day. 1000 calories for a full grown male is paltry. "Eating healthy" definitely includes eating breakfast, by pretty much everyone's definition. Even a piece of fruit or a little yogurt.
    Good luck!
  • kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Excess calories gained from working out are not to be used in my opinion. If you are at your goal for the day (without adding in workout calories) I would just leave it.
  • nrbromert
    nrbromert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If I could figure out a way to sell them on the black market I could make a hell of a living.
  • trishaknighton
    Options
    i was told if you have calories left and if its late then eat something with protein in it like some lunch meat or a protein bar but stay up for at least one hour so you have time to digest it and i dont believe that you can save calories for another day, thats not how i think this works. eat what calories you are allowed per day and its not like weight watchers were you have bonus points to carry on through the week. good luck :)
  • trishaknighton
    Options
    i agree with njmp, your most important thing to remember is to eat breakfast, very important, my 1200 calorie a day consist of: breakfast 300 cal and 30 protein, snack 150 cal and 15 protein, lunch 300 cal and 30 protein, snack 150 cal and 15 protein, dinner 300 cal and 30 protein, if i exercise that day then i treat my self to a wieght watcher or artic zero ice cream, stay within the calorie per day and protein to help you stay full longer