Waitressing

Options
I was just trying to figure out how many calories I could burn during a five hour shift waiting tables? I have no idea how to go about figuring it out, help!

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    try using a heart rate monitor that counts calories.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If you've already entered in your profile that you have a job walking a lot, it's probably already accounted for in your daily calorie totals and I don't think would count toward your exercise, but I might be wrong.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    You might try going to Livestrong.com and under TheDailyPlate you will find Fitness. I couldn't find "waitressing" but "Serving Food" was there. You can plug in your age, weight, and height (I think) and it will calculate your calories for X number of minutes.
    This is of course if it is not already included on your profile here on MFP.
    Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • cana1
    cana1 Posts: 3
    Options
    hey, i'm a waitress aswell and it really depends on how busy you are. You need to remember we stop and go so our heart rate doesn't get high enough into that big calorie burning zone. But I did wear a step counter one day and it said I burned about 500 cals but I don't count that as exserize because like I said it not going and going like the gym is, it's stop and go. Also while your at work TRY to make healthy choices about what you eat. I know it's very hard because all the good greassy food resturaunts sell but if you have to pack a lunch :) to burn alot of cals I would reccomend cardio like running or walking at a brisk pace for 30-45 mins. Remember when you first entered your info into MFP? It took into consideration that were servers so you shouldn't count work as exserise. :)
  • goamy
    goamy Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice!