LOVE HANDLES

Options
Hello. Im a 21 yo female. 5'5', 137 pounds looking to get FIT. I feel pretty good about my body except for around the "love handle" area and the front. I feel like I have a pouch. It isnt very noticeable to others, but very noticeable to me. What are some great exercises to get rid of this???

Replies

• jjefferies7
    Options
    do one million side crunches immediately its the only way
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    You can not single it out, you have to lose weight all together to get rid of it. I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But losing fat you can not target a certain area. You can work your obliques more to increase the size of them, however you will not get rid of the fat. You just need to lose weight, sorry girl!
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am dieting and exercising. You guys made me LOL.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Cardio and diet will reduce fat. Love handles are just fat.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Changing your diet will have a big effect on your body fat percentage. Try eating lots of whole grains, lean proteins and non processed foods. My lovehandles are my problem area too.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Focus on strength training, to build muscle. Way more effective than cardio alone.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have those 2 :( Unfortunately you can't spot reduce tho, so you just have to lower ur body fat% enough to get them to go away.
  • mheath1293
    mheath1293 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Girl, check out my pictures. I'm with you on the lovehandles issue. No amount of side crunches has helped, so I'm just hoping the more I loose fat and tone my body in general, the less visible they'll be.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Changing your diet will have a big effect on your body fat percentage. Try eating lots of whole grains, lean proteins and non processed foods. My lovehandles are my problem area too.

How does that affect weight loss?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am dieting and exercising. You guys made me LOL.

Keep doing it. We are prediposed to having fat distributed in certain areas, some folks in the belly, some folks in the butt etc. Unfortunately, it will go from where it goes from. There is no way you can force the 'where'. Just keep losing the body fat and it will eventually go.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I should add that I had a baby 5 years ago. is this just extra skin?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I should add that I had a baby 5 years ago. is this just extra skin?

The belly could possibly be (but I do not think anyone would be able to answer that over the internet) but I would think that the love handles would not be. Just keep up with the diet. I would suggest you add strength training if you do not do so already.