Options

Replies

• carolynmittens
    Options
    there is a pumpkin flavor?!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,857 Member
    Options
    I just tried this tonight as a post gym workout treat. The store doesn't have prepackaged but I had them make a container of strawberry. It was slightly soft when I ate it, and I haven't had real ice cream in a few months so this tasted FABULOUS!
  • AlaskaLily
    Options
    Huge fan of the mint!!!! I also like the weight watchers ice cream candy bar. it's like the ice cream snickers for 1/3 of the calories...yummmm!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I so wish it was available in Canada!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about this stuff since I joined the site.
    I went today and bought 2 pints. Chocolate and cookies and cream. I am an ice cream afficiando. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ice cream.

I must say, this stuff down and outright SUCKS.

And at $5.19 a pint, totally not worth it.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Love it! Let it soften and stir it really well, and it turns into the consistency of frozen yogurt.

For those looking for it, my King Soopers has it in stock (same as Krogers in other states). i assume if mine carries it the stores nationally do as well and I would also assume most people live near-ish one...my store only started carrying it recently so it's worth checking again if you haven't looked in awhile! I know I looked this fall and couldn't find the stuff anywhere and now it's everywhere in my area.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    So I bought a pint instead of having it hand packed yesterday. You are so right about it being awful and Ivey!!! What the heck? No wonder we had such differenceses of opinion. Do NOT BUY PREPACKED, I wonder now if the handpackedis even the sme stuff. Seems like a scam.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    not sure how you get it not prepackaged... I have tried the cookies and cream and chocolate peanut butter. the cookies and cream is good but I dont care for the choc peanut butter.

Here is S Florida I can get it at Publix and at Winn Dixie but not all the flavors.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    I ordered it from Amazon after really liking the hand scoop at my local HEB. Unfortunately, the prepackaged tasted poorly and Icey. Just like you would expect really low calorie to taste. blgggg. The hand scoop stuff was like real ice-cream in texture and flavor which is why I suspect maybe the hand scoop is different nutrition wise than the advertised pint I got via amazon.

Just saying.... If it's too good to be true, usually it is. hahaha. I am just remembering a Seinfield episode where the latte was "diet" or something like that. too funny.
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin flavor??? I've been able to find the chocolate, maple vanilla, and a few others at health food stores, but where did you find pumpkin flavor?!?!?! I need to try it!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I ordered it from Amazon after really liking the hand scoop at my local HEB. Unfortunately, the prepackaged tasted poorly and Icey. Just like you would expect really low calorie to taste. blgggg. The hand scoop stuff was like real ice-cream in texture and flavor which is why I suspect maybe the hand scoop is different nutrition wise than the advertised pint I got via amazon.

Just saying.... If it's too good to be true, usually it is. hahaha. I am just remembering a Seinfield episode where the latte was "diet" or something like that. too funny.

Mircrowave it for 30 seconds and then really, really stir it for several minutes. I promise, it will end up the consistency of a wendy's frosty. I wasn't impressed until I learned how to serve it that way- now I love it! Emily, my store doesn't carry pumpkin either. I'd love to try that one! They only have vanilla maple, chocolate, coffee, chocolate peanut butter, mint chocolate cookie, strawberry, and cookies n' cream. I only really like the vanilla maple, cookies n'cream, and chocolate peanut butter.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods carries them I've heard
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just had to bump this cause its GREAT stuff. I have the chocolate peanut butter flavor :)
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    And has up to 68% more calories than what's on the label -- just an FYI.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I randomly discovered this about two weeks ago. I live by a ghetto Kroger's that never has ANYTHING unique (I have to drive to the more affluent part of town to buy things like Boar's Head pickle spears or Boathouse Farms yogurt ranch dressing), so I wasn't surprised that my Kroger had absolutely NO frozen yogurt in their freezer section. But I DID come across two flavors of this Arctic Zero, cookies and cream and mint chocolate cookie. It was kind of expensive, but after looking at the label, I decided to take a gamble. Man, this stuff is good! I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop, it seems too good to be true. It's even better than the Weight Watcher's 45 calorie fudgesicles, and I really like those.

Honestly, after reading this thread and everyone saying it's so hard to find, I'm really surprised my Kroger had it. My Kroger doesn't even reliably have organic meat.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I thought is was 48%. I was watching a news program the other day and they were talking about all the different companies that sell low cal ice cream. All of them were 18-50% off of what the label said. Arctic Ice was the highest.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I thought is was 48%. I was watching a news program the other day and they were talking about all the different companies that sell low cal ice cream. All of them were 18-50% off of what the label said. Arctic Ice was the highest.
    Just googled it to be sure, it's 68%. Random article:

http://www.leanitup.com/misleading-diet-ice-cream-labels/
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes terrible!! Ive tried chocolate chocolate peanut butter and strawberry. Definitely should not even be called ice cream.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Just googled it to be sure, it's 68%. Random article:

http://www.leanitup.com/misleading-diet-ice-cream-labels/

Yup.. makes me not want to try it at all. :/
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/711807-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels

Hey guys, here's the report to back up the 68% more calorie claim ... sad but true :(