NSV? Yeah, I guess it is..

Options
Alright, back story time.

I have always been a HUGE Coke drinker. And by huge I mean 3-4 cans a day,or 2 bottles a day, or 2-3 of the large drinks from a gas station or mcdonalds. Yeah, it was TOO much. Even after hearing the stories about how it can eat through raw meat and nails and all that stuff, I just shrugged my shoulders.

Well, about a year ago I started having stomach issues. Sharp pains, it was bad. My lame Dr.said I needed fiber, but that wasn't it. I started to notice it would be after I drank a lot of coke.

I've tried stopping before, but always got terrible headaches and gave in.
Well, last Friday night I had my last coke. Come tomorrow it will officially been a week that I have not had a Coke, nor have I even THOUGHT about having one. I've been drinking water and tea! I haven't had a headache, and I haven't been a complete beeeeotch!

I'm pretty proud of myself..

Replies

• kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good job!! :flowerforyou:
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Way to break a bad habit! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • haley0h
    haley0h Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    soda is one hard thing to quit. i got a lot of headaches when i quit. and my bf would drink atleast a 12 pack a day of dr pepper. but he has been substituting about half gatorade or flavored water and that has been helping. little steps!
  • Couponqueenren
    Couponqueenren Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good job! That was a hard one for me too..
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go. I too was addicted to Diet Dr Pepper's, drinking about 5 a day. I haven't had one soda, diet or regular in 7 months. A friend of mine described to me like this..put a coke or diet coke in a ziploc bag, and what does it do? swell...That's exactly what is happening to our stomach..So after hearing this, i just quit them cold turkey..Congrats again ont the one week..before you know it, you will be on a month..two months and so on..
  • happypath101
    Options
    Whoo Hoo!!! Good for you. I'm not a Coke drinker but I think I know what you're going through because I'm learning to take my coffee black. An entire week without? That's an AWESOME achievement. NSV for sure!
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am trying to do the same thing with Diet Coke. I have cut way back from what I used to do but haven't eliminated it entirely yet.
  • barss56
    barss56 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good job. I drink a lot of coke zero and am trying to cut down on it also. It is not that good for you. Water, Water, Water.
  • LucyBWL57
    Options
    Congratulations. Keep it up! :smile:
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • StevenDweeb
    StevenDweeb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    It makes me happy because I know it was the reason for a lot of my problems.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Good job! That's a huge feat, keep it up!
  • mommawhtz4dinner
    Options
    Great job! I haven't had soda in 8 months and it is one of the best things I have changed about my lifestyle. Keep up the good work!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one since New Year's and before that it was March of '11. you can do it.
  • caswell806
    caswell806 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I too used to drink a lot of soda (I was a cherry pepsi guy). 4 six packs of 20 oz bottles a week. Just decided one day that I was done and havn't had one in 2 yrs. Only after effects is a loss in weight. Just keep it up, it gets so much easier every single day. Congrats again-proud of you.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Good for you; that was a smart decision!
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Nice job!
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya....I was a major Coke drinker....I am Coke free for 5 months - however, I do ocassionally reward myself with one, but I just done like it anymore like I used to LOVE it. I drink water, unsweet tea (with the brain cell killing, cancer causing pink stuff - next habit to break), or crystal light.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Alright, back story time.

I have always been a HUGE Coke drinker. And by huge I mean 3-4 cans a day,or 2 bottles a day, or 2-3 of the large drinks from a gas station or mcdonalds. Yeah, it was TOO much. Even after hearing the stories about how it can eat through raw meat and nails and all that stuff, I just shrugged my shoulders.

Well, about a year ago I started having stomach issues. Sharp pains, it was bad. My lame Dr.said I needed fiber, but that wasn't it. I started to notice it would be after I drank a lot of coke.

I've tried stopping before, but always got terrible headaches and gave in.
    Well, last Friday night I had my last coke. Come tomorrow it will officially been a week that I have not had a Coke, nor have I even THOUGHT about having one. I've been drinking water and tea! I haven't had a headache, and I haven't been a complete beeeeotch!

I'm pretty proud of myself..
    You should be proud..I was addicted to diet coke for 20 yrs...like six-eight a day. I am a much happier person w/o it now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!