I've lost lbs and inches but still see no difference...

Options
Hey all. In the past 3 months, I've lost about 13lbs and roughly 3 inches on my waist, and yet when I look in the mirror and in pictures, I see no difference. Not even my clothes fit any differently, and I personally find this insanely discouraging. I should be excited that I've lost lbs and inches - and I am - but it's very irritating to me to not see a difference. :grumble:

Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    right there with you. i didn't have tons to lose to begin with ( about 20lbs) but i still see the same person there just a bit smaller. I figured being back to my comfort weight would make me feel great but all i see is more improvement needed... i have had a very slow process of losing the weight and i still have 5 lbs to go:( i finally am seeing the size difference when i am buying new clothes but in general "I" don't see it. I think it makes it harder for me to see it as i have not had one comment from anyone about how i look, yet they all were able to comment when i was gaining.... I know i am doing this for me but getting some acknowledgement for what i have done would be nice too from others... maybe then i would "see" where i am now and how i look???
  • corgihugger
    Options
    I've only lost 5 pounds but I think I should notice a different by now but I don't... I still want to lost 21 more pounds and I'm pretty discouraged. So I totally understand how you feel.
  • Calliesmom1
    Options
    ME TOO! Its aweful. 20 pounds later and im the same size! WTF
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Definitely there with you! I lost 24 pounds and three inches, but... I see no difference. :( Someone told me on here last week that I might not see results right away given how much I need to lose. :grumble: People around me say they see a difference; I don't. Even in Before/during pictures, there's no difference.

We'll see! You'll see it soon!
  • phyllicia22
    Options
    so noones found a cure for it huh i got the same problem i was waiting for a miraculous answer that would make me notice a change dangit.......anyone nothing yet, its probably just the feeling of more energy and feeling better i bet everyone else notices. ppl tell me and i dont believe them so i doubt anything will help me feel better about how i see myself good luck ladies yall look good.
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    it definitely took me a while to notice the weight loss. because we're losing weight slowly (aka the RIGHT way) it's harder to notice than if you lost 5 pounds in a week. i couldn't see a difference until i was about 17 lbs in (of course, i've got a lot to lose so it's harder to notice a big change). most days, because i haven't gone down in pants sizes or anything yet, i really don't notice a difference and i've lost 24 lbs. it can be so frustrating! i've been doing this for over 7 months, and no change in pants size??? but, if you stick with it eventually you'll notice a difference. try comparing a picture of yourself now to one from before. that's what i had to do in order to see the change.
  • vegogirl
    Options
    Its because you are focusing on the negative not the positive and probably are just seeing yourself as you have always seen yourself.
    celebrate every little loss as a massive win. Be grateful for it. Every time I look in the mirror and smile now at the 6 kg I have lost. I celebrate every cm gone no matter how small an amount because its all a massive achievement
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    How old are the clothes you say fit you the same? Just asking b/c sizes and fit seem to change so fast now. Maybe a trip to a boutique to try one fun new stuff....I say this b/c especially at the expensive ones the vanity sizing can be insane and it feels good to try on a size or 2 smaller(even if yI can't buy them)....but even in the same stores you always shop at maybe seeing your body in something new will help you see the change and keep you motivated.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a lot, but have noticed that my t shirts got longer...meaning my gut's shrinking.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    This is why you have to take progress pictures. I didn't notice a difference either even after losing like 40+ pounds until I saw an old photo of myself and compared it to one of the progress pictures I took. I think a lot of it is just mental... sometimes no matter how much weight we lose, we still see an overweight person in the mirror.
  • BoomerAngel
    Options
    I know what you mean! I have lost 14 pounds and 11 inches; yet I personally do not see the changes. My lower abs are still the problem area....right where the button on my pants are located. How is it possible to lose 14 lbs, and inches everywhere except what defines my pant size? Very frustrating for sure! Every one is telling me that I look so much better; yet, I am relying on my lower abs to shrink.....so my dress size shrinks. Grrrr.....I stay at it, though. I refuse to give up....14 more pounds to go. Hang in there!!
  • MissCierra2008
    Options
    Everyone knows that muscle burns fat so it only makes sense that the fat you burn FIRST is going to be the internal fat surrounding that muscle (along with other organs of the body). Even though you cannot see the effort now, take comfort in the fact that you will soon!! That outer fat is the fat that has been there the longest (as time passes it gets pushed out to make room for more fat) and therefore is most stubborn!

Keep up the great work!! :)
  • mlhandsmp
    mlhandsmp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It took me nearly 30ish lb before I saw any type of difference in myself, nearly the same before others saw it too.....you'll get there!!
  • aliciamda
    Options
    Thank you all for responding! It really is the most frustrating thing to not see a difference in yourself, isn't it? And to anyone who said something about pictures - I did compare pictures, and yet still saw nothing had changed, except maybe the way I held my shoulders. I guess I'll just have to wait. I'm not quite halfway to my weight loss goal at this point, anyways, so hopefully a few more lbs from now and I'll start seeing changes! Thanks again for all the encouragement and positivity. :smile: