Alcohol

Options
So I understand some beer is zero calories, like bud light, and vodka is very little. So I know I know I'm watchin my caloric intake on here. And I know drinking is not the best, and I am going to drink. Lol. Suggestions?

Replies

• year2doit
    Options
    they just came out with a 40 calorie per oz vodka called skinny girl vodka. add some diet pop and wallah a low calorie cooler!
    also no beer is 0 cals sadly. i know in canada they have beer that is low cal such as molson canadia 67. its 67 cals
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Don't know what the question is, but alcohol does have calories. I drink liquor with a 0 calorie mixer like water or diet coke. Sometimes I drink a light beer, but each can of bud light has 110 cals, so a beer night will be costly!

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html <-- awesome article
  • omgdinosaurs
    Options
    I don't know where you heard this, but it's very untrue.
    Like they said above, no beer is 0 calories. You can find some in the 70-80 range per bottle though, although its pointless because they have almost no alcohol.
    Vodka has 100 calories per ounce. Most hard alcohol, around 70-80 proof can be considered about 100 calories per shot. (which is typically an ounce.)
    So if you're going to drink, might as well spend the calories on stuff that is actually going to make you feel good and not super light beer with like 2% alc/vol.
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    There is no zero calorie beer (unfortunately!). About the lowest I've found is 64 calories (Beck's light - which is really decent for a light, low-calorie beer). Vodka is a good option at about 70 calories per ounce. If you mix it with soda water or some other zero calorie beverage you're not doing too bad. I kind of dig Vodka and Crystal Light when I'm not trying to pretend to be classy.
  • Sarahbearah05
    Options
    Sounds good guys :) looks like I'm gonna be carrying some crystal light packets and skinny girl vodka with me this weekend :)