What does nsv mean?

Options
Ok its my first day on here and I'm feeling pretty stupid because I don't know all the acronyms yet.... Just figured out that hrm is a heart rate monitor but still don't know what nsv means!,:blushing:

Replies

• skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    i googled it. several meanings but says for weight loss forums it means non scale victory. i didn't know either and see people using it all the time. lol
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory can be almost anything positive that happens to you such as putting on pants that have been too tight previously or doing 1000 jumping jacks.
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory. Good luck to you.
  • ProfessorStayPuft
    Options
    Thank god for this post. I had no clue.
  • farroz
    farroz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was trying to figure that out, my guess was never say mercy
  • vonsay
    vonsay Posts: 31
    Options
    I was trying to figure that out, my guess was never say mercy

LoL!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It means people are obsessed with scales
  • MaryAnn1113
    MaryAnn1113 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know it's been said already... non-scale victory. I'm still waiting for one! :laugh:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    dont feel stupid.. tomorrow marks my 6th week on here and I still dont know.. LOL
    I think it means like 'feel good moment' or yay somebody noticed ur wt loss?? lol idk
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i googled it. several meanings but says for weight loss forums it means non scale victory. i didn't know either and see people using it all the time. lol

bump
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory. Good luck to you.

Yup
  • dawnerika
    dawnerika Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone else asked, because I've been here for 6 weeks and had no clue LOL Should have just googled it :)
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank god for this post. I had no clue.

Ditto
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    NSV are "non-scale victories" - things associated with weight loss and fitness that don't translate to the numbers on the scale at all.

Squatting your body weight (for weight lifters) or running a sub-seven minute miles are two examples.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069278-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6

This should help. Ok, its a long read but worth it! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    NSVs (Non Scale Victories) can be anything associated with weight loss or muscle gain even.

I'll list a few of mine.

1) My pants are looser....went down several sizes now :)

2) Had to buy new panties..because mine fell down..a funny victory!

3) I can sit in the tub and let the water drain..and it will flow past my large butt!!! Guess its not as large as it used to be..LOL

4) My bicep gained a half-inch!!! Muscle gain!!! Woot!

5) I'm able to walk more than 3 mph. without huffing and puffing!!! Trust me..when I started I could barely walk 2 mph without huffing and puffing!!!!

There are so many non-scale victories...like achieving thigh-gap..I'm not striving for that one..if it happens, it happens. :)

Good luck and enjoy each and every little NSV that comes your way. NSVs are what keeps me moving when my scale is bouncing around because of muscle gains or sodium intake causing water gains.
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    LOL I've been here 8 months ~ to embarrased to ask. I knew they were good and I wanted one, but that was it :)

thanks and I hope your first nsv is a great one
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory. For example, if you haven't lost weight, but you notice that your clothes are now a little loose, that's an NSV.
  • shiningpotential
    Options
    Bump, for all the newbies or there like me. :)