Walden Farms Foods??

Options
Who has tried them and what's your opinion??

Replies

• Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Made of chemicals, tastes like chemicals. Stay away, in my opinion.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Tried there salad dressing and the Honey Dijon wasn't bad, all of the others were pretty awful.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to find their chocolate in our store by the other chocolate syrups, but when I got home was really disgusted by the taste. I would have to have a lot of other flavors in order to be able to add that into anything. I guess I will just use lite hersheys.
  • MagnifySuccess
    Options
    From what i've tried they tasted horrible. Especially the chocolate ones, I could not stand it.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually tried them, but anything that is that "free" (calories, etc) has to be full of chemicals as earlier poster said. In my opinion, one is better off to eat real food in moderation.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awful, waste of money
  • vmarielie
    vmarielie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tastes like chemicals, very gross
  • jrobinjo
    Options
    I've tried a ton of them, used to work at a place that sold the products. Most of them are disgusting, honestly. The apple butter was ok, BBQ was sort of tolerable, maple syrup is not bad. And yes, made with propylene glycol and other chemicals.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tried the Ranch...yuck.

I tried the Blue Cheese Dressing...yum.... and then they discontinued it.

I tried the BBQ ...yuck

I tried the Thousand Island...yuck

Didn't bother with any others.

Now I like the Bolthouse yogurt dressings.
  • jazujazu
    Options
    They are pretty spendy and don't taste all that great. Want a great recipe for calorie free(relatively) honey mustard dressing? It's easy! Apple cider vinegar, mustard, and splenda mixed together to taste. You can add other spices to taste. It's also easy to make vinegar-water-spice blends for italian dressings, skim milk-spice-reduced fat mayo/sour cream for ranch. It's not hard to make your own lite dressings, you just need to play around a little. :-)
  • Family_Man
    Options
    Yeah I tried it....:sick: just threw up a little in my mouth thinking about it...thanks:laugh:
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I like the basalmic vinegrett
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked that question. Now I can scratch that off the list. Thanks folks for all the yuks.
  • Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like the Balsamic dressing and the caramel dip for apples. That's it. The other ones are horrible, frankly. We've tried about 7 different flavors. YUCK! Save your money. Eat real dressing/lower fat/calorie dressings in moderation. Homemade is the best, like jazujazu said. Lots of recipes on the net. Try them at your own risk! :frown:
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch, and they were all nasty EXCEPT the thousand island dressing in a very specific recipe called "Big Mac in a Bowl". If you google that the recipe is at the first site, "3 Fat Chicks". I've made that recipe many times (as listed except I use shredded red cabbage instead of lettuce and fresh chopped onion instead of minced; I've also added chopped jalapenos) and it is DELICIOUS.
  • kittyconni
    Options
    Actually I love the Walden Farms products. I have their Ranch, Bacon ranch and thousand island dressing...love those! I dip strawberries in the chocolate dip...yum! I also love the Apricot fruit spread and apple butter. I have them every morning on toasted pita bread! I like the peanut spread with chocolate on the toasted pita bread as well. The only bar-b-q sauces I have tried is the honey bar b q and the thick and spicy. Love them both! I also use the mayo to make egg salad and chicken salad.
    I love the Walden Farms products and use them every single day!
  • nineandout
    Options
    I have tried a few of thier products. Some are good, and some I wouldn't buy again. Most of the dressings, I really don't care for. However, the chocolate syrup and the caramel syrup. Both of those I really like. For ex....caramel rice cake...top with fat free whipped topping then drizzel with either the choc. or the caramel syrup for a sweet snack. Also I will put some of the caramel syrup into a banana smoothie for an afternoon snack. They can be pricey as someone said, but "to me" these 2 products are really sweet and alittle goes A LONG way just to add alittle flavor. Anyway, just an opinion/suggestion.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    ...blech...tried a few things, very disappointed. Make your own or just go with a few extra calories for small amounts of the real thing