Meal replacement shakes - which are best?

Options
Hi all,

I work v. long hours and i'm trying to fit in exercise on my way home, i.e. going for a run before we drive home. However, I like to eat something BEFORE then as i get hungry and don't want to wait until i get home as it's late by then.

I was thinking of replacing dinner with a meal replacement/protein shake. Does anyone know of a good low carb one? i was thinking maybe the atkins ready to drink shakes? i am in the UK!

Thank you! xxx

Replies

• Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I DRINK CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST IN THE MORNING WHEN I AM RUNNING LATE. (SUGAR FREE ) THE TASTE ISN'T TOO BAD.
  • Sacharuns
    Sacharuns Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i make my own ~400 cal shake with instant oats (in powder), a banana, milk, an egg, and some protein powder
  • thorpy6
    thorpy6 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi i use a standard protein shake mixed with milk. BSN- SYNTHA6 vanilla. The carbs aren't too low but its helping me lose weight anyway.
  • westie007
    westie007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For the same reason as you descrive - long hours no set breaks etc, I use Myprotein - protein shakes. Have a look at their website myprotein.com. I use the MP MAX Elle true Diet - it mixes well and tastes great.

If you use the is code MP691281you will received 5% discount on your 1st order.
  • Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Myprotein.com has a lot of variety. I get the egg white protein and add 1 scoop to 100ml skim milk and one scoop of any chocolate shake powder I find. It helps it mix and gives better taste to it, although the protein powder alone would be great too.
    Protein bars are good on the go. I make sure they're at least 25% protein, otherwise a regular chocolate bar would probably be just as good.
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Thanks all xxx