Gillian's 3-2-1 workout

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
I'm doing this for the first time today, it's 3mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio and 1min of abs..anyone here done it? What did you think? Also what do you log it under in exercise ? Circuit?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Options
    Bump
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Never tried this before but yeah anything that gets you moving around can't be a bad thing :)
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    From what you describe, perhaps you mean Jillian Michaels workouts, such as her 30 Day Shred, as she really uses the 3-2-1 system (from what I've seen it's sort of 'her' system).

Does the workout have a different name than 3-2-1?
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've done Jillian's Ripped in 30 which is based on the same 3-2-1 principle and currently I'm doing her 30-Day-Shred program, which is similar, just 2-2-1. It really works - you tone and you burn calories in a short workout which is wonderful. Good luck!
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    And yes, you can log it as circuit, but best is to use HRM because its not so accurate with circuit training, but the closest I guess
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I've done Jillian's Ripped in 30 which is based on the same 3-2-1 principle and currently I'm doing her 30-Day-Shred program, which is similar, just 2-2-1. It really works - you tone and you burn calories in a short workout which is wonderful. Good luck!

Yes!! That's what it's called...Ripped in 30...it was on fitness channel, and it's episode two so am hoping they show some more ( fingers crossed)
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can find all of Ripped on 30 on youtube if you want to see what it's all about. It's four different programs, one for each week of a month. So week one you do on thing, week two she changes it up etc.

I've only done the 30 Day Shred myself, which is a 3-2-1 system (3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute abs). I have RI30, which I plan on doing around November.

I think most people log it as circuit training. I use a HRM so I log what that says I burned, which is usually 280ish for the 30DS.
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm doing this for the first time today, it's 3mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio and 1min of abs..anyone here done it? What did you think? Also what do you log it under in exercise ? Circuit?

Yes, great, but I think you're supposed to do this for 3 circuits.... It's called 30 Day Shred...

Edit: Sorry, obviously I didn't read all the post above me ;-)
  • Fozzi43
    Options

Yes, great, but I think you're supposed to do this for 3 circuits.... It's called 30 Day Shred...

Edit: Sorry, obviously I didn't read all the post above me ;-)

Lol it's an hour long workout so think that's right :smile:
  • Fozzi43
    Options

Lol it's an hour long workout so think that's right :smile:

Edited to say that it's a 20 min workout, the rest was advertising :laugh:

I did it, it was week 2 from what I gathered so went on utube and found week one..and I did that too...I think it's brilliant!!! I really enjoyed doing them :smile:

Edited spelling