Blisters on bottom of feet

Options
I've just started walking three days ago. The first two days I walked very hard and fast. Today I decided to take it a little easier and just walk for a longer amount of time.
I had the blisters yesterday but I think I irritated them today. They are very painful on both feet and it's painful to walk.
My shoes fit fine, so I know it's not that. Could be that I'm just not used to the effort?

My real question is should I walk tomorrow or should I take a day off and work on upper body or something different?

Replies

• BeverlyBrooke
    Options
    bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If it's not your shoes, it's could be your socks.

But it still could be your shoes. Shoes that fit ok for normal wear can still cause problems for exercise.
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's probably just that you aren't used to it. I had very bad blisters for around a month when I first started walking, on the bottom of my feet and on my heels. IT SUCKS. It does help to have a couple of days off in a row here and there. And I agree about the socks!
  • Peeriegemgem
    Options
    Invest in twin skins or anti blister socks. To be honest, if they are new shoes, the breaking in process isn't the most pleasant!