HELLO :-} LETS MOTIVATE EACH OTHER !!

Options
Hi there I'm A 34 year old mother and wife, I'm trying to get into working out and eating right, but i need some motivation, The eating better I'm ok with..... but the working out not so much :-{

Replies

• jeanamcloughlin
    jeanamcloughlin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    An exercise program, just like a diet, can backfire if it's too much too soon.
    Start by walking more. It'll make a tremendous difference in your attitude, appetite, and weight.
    Walking can also help you to get to know yourself better!
  • QiDancer
    Options
    Hi! I hear you. I don't like the phrase 'working out'. I call it 'activities of daily living', and today may be a walk, tomorrow a zumba dvd, yesterday was yoga and gardening. It's more fun, for me, to mix it up and not to beat myself up with 'shoulds' and 'should nots'. I just started MyFitnessPal, and think it's a great site/tool!
  • Love_2_Shop
    Love_2_Shop Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, the healthy eating part is going great, the exercise.....not so much. I'm moving in a few weeks so I've been telling myself that all the packing and cleaning is my work-out for now.
  • johnnyg211
    Options
  • nancigayle
    nancigayle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there :flowerforyou:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,250 Member
    Options
    Welcome a friend request is on it's way. You can do this but what I've discovered I can't do this without exercise. I use to hate working out but now I workout anywhere from 5-6 days a week. You can do it and the support here will help
  • BMami_Wife
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL , I USED TO BE A WALKER... BEFORE I HAD A CAR BUT THEN GOT COMPLACENT, SO ITS HARD FOR ME TO GET BACK INTO IT, AND YOU ARE RIGHT IT DOES BRING PEACE, AND A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT, SO I THINK THAT WILL BE MY STARTING POINT, AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO REPORTING BACK TO YOU GUYS ABOUT MY PROGRESS.
  • johnnyg211
    Options
  • johnnyg211
    Options
    bump
  • Jeevey
    Jeevey Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there :)

I need some motivation too...I am 32 and am over being fat...but on my own, sometimes I forget the bigger picture.. :)
  • soph1719
    Options
    I've been eating healthly for a few months now and doing exercise but I find it so hard because my partner isn't really getting into it. He keep saying he is but then he will have alcohol every evening and eat whatever it wants! It makes it so hard for me to keep motivated! Anyone else having the same problem?
  • mushy2
    mushy2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    have you got a wii, that counts as excercise, im going to try it!
  • mushy2
    mushy2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    me too
  • ryan3140
    ryan3140 Posts: 13
    Options
    add me for support please!
  • SiKillz
    SiKillz Posts: 1
    Options
    Howaya lads ;)

Im 21 and seem to always be gaining weight, i clocked in at 120kg a few months back and thought something has to be done!!!! Any low GI food tips would be much appreciated working out isnt an issue as I do something almost everyday

Keep on trucking!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and eating right but not to working out, I have done that for years but still have to talk myself through it. I stopped working out the past couple of years but I do remember that I always had to "talk myself through it" saying to myself..."you will feel better once you are done" and I always do....
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wii fit is a great way of exercising and fun to.
    Also if you've got a trampoline you can get the little trampet which u can jog or jump on while watching tv.
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • kayeklier
    Options
    Another fun way to exercise is just to put on music that you like and dance around the house while you do housework. Embarrassing, but it burns calories and fat. Everyone is right, start slow so you don't get burned out.
    Best of luck!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wii fit is a great way of exercising and fun to.
    Also if you've got a trampoline you can get the little trampet which u can jog or jump on while watching tv.

Wii Fit is amazing. I have so much fun on there I don't even think of it as exercise. My current goal is to crush my son's top scores mwahaha