Changing 'goal' just for the weekend?

Options
I know for a fact I'm going to go over my 1200 cal allowance this weekend as I'm child free (rare occurrence!) and me and the bf are going out to eat Sunday, seeing friends tomorrow where there may or may not be food drink etc.

I don't want to gain weight this weekend but 1200 is going to be almost impossible to stick to so if I use the cals MFP gives me for maintenance rather than loss (1,750) just for the weekend I should be ok right?

I'm pretty sure I should be but have worked hard so far and don't want a weekend to undo any of those efforts!

Replies

• loztredders
    Options
    Yea that's a good plan!
    You may see a slight weight gain if you weigh in on Monday, but this would just be water retention due to the increase of calories and will go in a day or two. Have a great weekend!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    when i was losing weight (currently maintaining) i stuck to my 1200 calories every day, but i would usually have one day where i would probably double my calorie intake (my husband and i like to eat out, and i can never refuse pudding!!!) but i lost a stone (14lbs) in 12 weeks, so i never saw it as a problem!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yea that's a good plan!
    You may see a slight weight gain if you weigh in on Monday, but this would just be water retention due to the increase of calories and will go in a day or two. Have a great weekend!

this :) plus see if you can work in some exercise like squats or walking into your normal daily routines and drink lots of water :) have fun!!!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, my weigh in day is usually a monday, may leave it next week and do the week after so as not to get disheartened!