30 Day Shred Results? :)

Options
Hiii everyone!

I started the 30 day shred yesterday, and it is KILLER! it seems like i will be dead by the end of the 30 days! I figured I could ask any of you though who may have done it for some inspiration! Anyone have any before/after pics, measurements, or weights! Ive been really curious to see what this work out does for people, so if you have any info that would be AWESOME!

Thanks all :flowerforyou:

Replies

• missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im on day 9, i feel alot stronger and im sure i can see a diff in my arms and shoulders. the scale hasnt moved, but iv heard from alot of people that they saw no difference untill nearer the end, some didnt see anything until after it was all over. the fact that i feel stronger is a good indication that it is working and muscle replacing fat would mean the scale wouldnt move. if you look at the reviews on amazon you hear some great success stories :) xxx
  • azzle07
    azzle07 Posts: 10
    Options
    Today's day 7 for me and it does get easier! I can now go for a wee without the fear of the pain of sitting down haha! I've lost about 1/2 inch from my waist and belly already which is really spurring me on! I'm ignoring my weight cos I'd rather see the difference in inches! Although I have actually gained weight! And today I'm wearing a pair of trousers that went nowhere near me last week!
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today's day 7 for me and it does get easier! I can now go for a wee without the fear of the pain of sitting down haha! I've lost about 1/2 inch from my waist and belly already which is really spurring me on! I'm ignoring my weight cos I'd rather see the difference in inches! Although I have actually gained weight! And today I'm wearing a pair of trousers that went nowhere near me last week!

that really is amazing. well done! if only i got results like that :)
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just finished day4 today. No where near as sore today. Hoping my endurance goes up soon
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred does give some amazing results. I personally love it and you do begin to see results quickly (within 2 weeks or less). You'll find a lot of fans on this site. It is a quick workout – less than 30 minutes so it does not require a lot of time.

There are some precautionary measures though. While the title does say "30 Day Shred", Jillian Michaels herself said on a webcast recently that the name was created by her marketers and should not be done 30 days straight. Most people who tried tthe 30DS and could not complete it (including myself the first time) tried to do it every day, each level at 10 days each. It gives your body no time to recover and can be hard on the knees and lower back. Also, you need to stretch at least twice as much as she does on the tape or else you’ll be sorry the next day.

Jillian recommends that you do 2 day of the shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 cardio, 1 day rest, then repeat. So it may take you like 45 days, but that is better than having to quit half way through because you injured yourself and can't exercise at all. Trust me, you will barely be able to move on the first few days anyway. Also, she said in the actual video, move on to the next level when you FEEL THAT YOU ARE READY. She never says to do 10 days on each level. You may feel ready to move on before 10 days or feel the need to stay on a level longer.

I personally love it. It is amazing how after a few short weeks you energy level is through the roof and you can do so much more than when you started.
  • I_Golf
    I_Golf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Jillian recommends that you do 2 day of the shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 cardio, 1 day rest, then repeat. So it may take you like 45 days, but that is better than having to quit half way through because you injured yourself and can't exercise at all. Trust me, you will barely be able to move on the first few days anyway. Also, she said in the actual video, move on to the next level when you FEEL THAT YOU ARE READY. She never says to do 10 days on each level. You may feel ready to move on before 10 days or feel the need to stay on a level longer.

Love this.... thank you!
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My 30 day shred results were awesome. Can't really remember the specific losses... I think I lost like 10 / 13 pounds and lots of centimeters.
    My endurance got WAY better and it took away a lot of my asthma. You just got to keep pushing yourself!
    Jillian Michaels is amazing!
  • megs309
    megs309 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been doing the shred for a little over a week now. I skip Sundays to give my body a rest. The first few days I was so sore, but I feel myself getting stronger and stronger very day. I just now dropped a few pounds, but I lost inches beforehand.
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    bump
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level 2. I've only lost 3 lbs, but I have lost 3 inches on my waist and 1 on each thigh. I feel a lot stronger and my BFF commented on how great my thighs are looking.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    day 2 for me! i have to start over again... waiting to see results! its hard to believe that in 25 min i can change my body lol!!!
  • emmarangel
    emmarangel Posts: 19
    Options
    What is the 30 Day Shred and where do I find it?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am on day 20, I've lost 3 from my waist, 2 from each arm, 2 from each thigh, 1 from my bust, and 3 from my hips. It's crazy.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    IMAG0171.jpg

This was my before picture.

Week_4.jpg

This was my after.

I don't feel like I had great results....But I did it 5 or less days a week and didn't change my diet. So I think if I would of done it more and counted calories I would off had better results.
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Love this.... thank you!

Agreed....thanks for the info!
  • karenlouisep
    Options

i am so glad it wasn't just me who had this problem, think the only bit that was worse was going up/ down stairs.. by day 4 i was able to go to the bathroom without that fear. day 9 tomorrow
  • emmarangel
    emmarangel Posts: 19
    Options
    Today was day one for me on the 30-day shred rogram. It wasn't too bad. I've been working out consistently for a while but I really needed to change things up. My plan is to do level one M-F for two weeks while taking S&S off. I also walk at least 2 miles M-F at a fast pace and climb 15 flights of stairs at least once or twice M-F. Hoping this gives me the results I'm looking for :)
  • Kamakshi1
    Options
    "Jillian recommends that you do 2 day of the shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 cardio, 1 day rest, then repeat. So it may take you like 45 days, but that is better than having to quit half way through because you injured yourself and can't exercise at all. Trust me, you will barely be able to move on the first few days anyway. Also, she said in the actual video, move on to the next level when you FEEL THAT YOU ARE READY. She never says to do 10 days on each level. You may feel ready to move on before 10 days or feel the need to stay on a level longer. "

Thank you so much for posting this. I am on day 3 and already feel great but I have been seeing a LOT of messages and posts about how the 30DS is bad for the knees.
    I think what you said is the best way to do the 30DS to avoid injuries. Thanks again :)
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS on August 1st - and it does get better, I am still on level 2, as I don't do it everyday so my body has a chance to recover. Starting Level 2 it was tougher than Level 1 , some of the moves took me longer to do. But I am noticing a difference, I don't plan to do measurements until the end of the month but there is a noticable difference around my waist. I plan to do this workout through September too, so it will be more like 60 days.

The more I do the work out the more I enjoy it, although I am a little nervous to start level 3, I think I will do a few more days of the level 2 as I still have to push through a couple of the moves.

Good Luck and you will get there! You will be suprised at how far you come in only a few days!!