CALLING ALL TRIATHLETES!!!

Options
I just completed my 2nd ever sprint triathlon and would love to connect with other triathletes out there. I have become addicted and am going to do another sprint in a month. If you are a triathelete or want to be one let's be friends so we can share training tips and success stories.

Thanks!!
Andrea

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Haven't done my first tri yet (my swimming still sucks) but have done a couple of duathlons. Goal is for an Olympic distance tri next year. Feel free to add me.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My swimming isn't the best but I keep trying to improve. To be honest, I was really afraid for the cycling as I am not a cycler but that was pretty easy and as soon as I got to the run I was stoked becuase I knew I had that in the bag. Keep "Tri-ing" (bad pun, I know) and you will get to that Olympic. An Olympic is also one of my goals. I know I will never do an ironman, but maybe a half ironman.. hey, a girl can dream.

I added you. Thanks!
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm trading for a half iron man next summer and full iron man in 2014, sending you a friend request
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm always willing to share my training. I'll send a friend request.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    There are some great triathlon groups, feel free to join them and enjoy the good times and great threads.

OH! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the club! Triathlon is joyous, addictive, motivating, difficult, painful, peaceful, frustrating, sweat inducing, relaxing, soul crushing, ego building, and best of all outright fun. SOOOOO MUCH FUN!

Just curious: Why are you never doing an ironman?
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Congrats - I completed my first one this summer and will be doing it and hopefully an olympic next year - and perhaps a tough mudder just for fun 8) it's a crazy sport but so very satisfying!
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Going to do my first one (super sprint distance) this Sunday...I hope it is as good as everyone states!!!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Going to do my first one (super sprint distance) this Sunday...I hope it is as good as everyone states!!!

Oh, they are...
  • marlad33
    marlad33 Posts: 37
    Options
    Love em :-) I've done 2 so far this year and then hurt my knee right before the 3rd. So nursing that and looking to do one in the fall to get back on track. They are addicting LOL
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Sounds like you've caught the bug!:smile:

I did my first sprint two years ago, and I was hooked! I have issues with the bike but getting better. Did my first oly last month and plan to do more of that distance next summer. Don't see any half IMs in my future either. Too much bike for me!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Good luck!!!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I did my first one this summer and am totally hooked! I have my seconD one coming up in about two weeks.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying! They are definitely addicting. I guess I shouldn't say I won't EVER do an Ironman.. but since I've only done sprints so far the distance of an ironman intimidates the heck out of me. Never say never though :). I am doing a half marathon in November as well.

Whoohoo! I love all my new Tri friends. So fun and I'm sure you will keep me super motivated!
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying! They are definitely addicting. I guess I shouldn't say I won't EVER do an Ironman.. but since I've only done sprints so far the distance of an ironman intimidates the heck out of me. Never say never though :). I am doing a half marathon in November as well.

Whoohoo! I love all my new Tri friends. So fun and I'm sure you will keep me super motivated!

Nice to meet you, and congratulations! I'll send you a friend request.

I did my first sprint Tri this past Sunday, my next is September 16, and then I have half marathons in November and January, and I'm planning on running the Great Wall of China marathon in May of 2013. Races keep me motivated to train, and training keeps me motivated to eat right so it all works out great. :happy:

I've ruled out an IM, but I haven't ruled out a 70.3 yet! I know I'll do at least one oly at some point next year -- just have to get through my running races first so I have time to train.
  • dmeyers1969
    dmeyers1969 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just joined the site and saw the posts - always looking for more tri friends
    Have done one Iron Man - Lake Placid in 2010 and will be signing up for IMAZ 2013