how long till I can see the results?

Options
Hi, everyone!

Me and my boyfriend started monitoring our calorie intake (and excercising) two weeks ago, our goal is to loose at least one pound per week.(we stick to the calorie intake recommended by this calculator which is 1200 calorie/day for me and 1600 for my boyfriend)
I know 2 weeks are not enough, and I am not impatient, but I am interested in your experience. How long did you have to keep up before you could see the result of your effort? (it will help me keep on doing it!)

thanx

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 3 weeks for the scale to move, but small body changes before that like pants fitting better
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd lost about 10lb when I really started to notice a shape difference and clothes were much looser
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice anything until I'd lost about 16lbs! then I dropped a dress size. Didn't lose much more (like 8lbs and dropped another dress size) Have actually gained 7lbs but still the same dress size (I just went on holiday).

stick with it and good luck. x
  • gekata
    gekata Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thanx so far for the answers..

:smile:
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I saw results on the scales from the first week but then
    1) I was 42% bodyfat and
    2) I cut down on carbs so the dramatic "5lbs" loss was probably entirely water weight. Nonetheless, it was an encouraging start.

If you haven't already done this, grab a tape measure & click on the "weigh in" button. You can add custom measurements (ankle? underbust/bra band size?). So, if you're having a slow month on the scales, the tape measure might reveal a pleasant surprise.

All the little changes do eventually add up! Keep going and best wishes to both of you :)
  • KarenSpreckley
    KarenSpreckley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a month and i see weight coming off every month. It was 12lbs in month 1. (I have been doing this since Januray 2012 but only joined MFP in June). I started noticing looser clothes after about 14lbs, i started seeing a physical difference in myself after about 30lbs and at about 50lbs, everyone started to notice what i was up to (I had only told 3 people what i was up to).

If you have smaller clothes to get back into, order them in tightness and try them on every couple of weeks.....you'll soon see changes :-)
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

Me and my boyfriend started monitoring our calorie intake (and excercising) two weeks ago, our goal is to loose at least one pound per week.(we stick to the calorie intake recommended by this calculator which is 1200 calorie/day for me and 1600 for my boyfriend)
    I know 2 weeks are not enough, and I am not impatient, but I am interested in your experience. How long did you have to keep up before you could see the result of your effort? (it will help me keep on doing it!)

thanx

I once read that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for your friends to notice and 12 weeks for the rest of the world.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. When will I see results, like hurry up. I don't know why it is so easy to put on and so hard to take off.

Anyways, I lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks. Just started August 2012. I don't see any changes yet. Although my husband says he noticed a difference. I think he was just trying to be nice.

I have noticed I feel much better and more energy since I cut out most if not all the bad foods I was eating and made more of an effort in my exercising.

I stay motivated seeing other peoples results and their stories.
  • gekata
    gekata Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thanx.

i'v lost 1 kg! great feeling. :) even if it is small loss.
    :happy:
  • kateetozer
    kateetozer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have just weighed today after 1 week of sticking to the calories recommended by the calculator.

Have lost weight and some centimetres from my measurements so hope it continues.

Good Luck in your journery