Could you go a year... without looking in the mirror?

Options

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    My breaking point is about four-and-a-half waking hours.
    -wtk
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    nope, I am to vain to even try ... plus come on! who could realisticly do something like that? Men shave, women plug their eyebrows and aply make up ... there is tousend of reasons to look in the mirror.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! I would at least have to do something with my hair every once in a while. Geesh.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I could've done a year while back, I think. I used to avoid mirrors all the time years ago, and whenever I did catch my reflection I'd make an ugly face or give myself the finger. Stupid teenagers!

But now, I'm even thinking of buying a full length mirror for my home!!! Oh my.

So, no probably not.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    mirror_o_286755.jpg&sa=X&ei=qG03UNaSC6fJyQH6-IDYAw&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEQq0jWilYd1DR3sWqVc5MfIIR1fA
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    no I need to shave every 3-4 days. sure a lot of the ladies dig the scruffy look but it would bug me after a while.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I feel naked without make-up.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK, so I just ran to the bathroom and realized it's pretty much impossible to do this if you ever wash your hands in a public bathroom or need to set something on the counter.

At home, I guess you could cover the mirror, but not out in public.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'd cut my face and miss spots too much
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Nope. I can put in my contacts without a mirror, but I prefer to have one. Especially if I end up with an eyelash or cat hair in my eye.

Besides... If I spent a year without a mirror, I'm sure I'd spend about 364.5 days with a poppy seed stuck between my front teeth.
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    HA!! Nope. I hate my curly hair and couldn't flat iron it to perfection daily if I had no access to a mirror!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I am just too vain.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i didnt even read the link, but no way! how would i put my makeup on?!
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I couldn't go 1 hour I'm afraid :laugh:
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    No, because I brush my teeth everyday and my mirror is right there! Lol

I could go a week or so because I do not wear makeup much, but there is a giant mirror in both bathrooms.. So...
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Unless I decided to go without shaving for a year, then no....
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    .........................really :huh: please, no mirrors EVER-reflections .....shes definatly a LIAR. and no, I couldnt you couldnt- we would all look like homless people....get real. Only a phobe could claim that.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I say 'nay-nay'
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Maybe if I was offered an incentive like a huge chunk of money or something.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that one could actually do this. So she put a blanket over the mirror in her house and didn't look at her reflection when she drove.

What about when you go out in public and use the restroom? Did she close her eyes and feel her way to the sink because she might catch a glimpse of herself? She had to have walked around with her eyes closed all the time because there are reflective surfaces every where.