C25K

Options
I'm about to start the C25K program and wondering how to log it in MFP? I don't see it listed under the exercise database.
Do you just list it as running?

Replies

• sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've no idea what c25k is so can't help you but when I do an exercise that isn't listed I try and find something that is listed and similar to the one I'm doing. Sorry couldn't be more help.
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I did C25K I logged my total time running/speed and then I would log my total time walking/speed. I did it on a treadmill and the calorie count that the treadmill had was usually pretty close to what MFP calculated.
  • snoppdog69
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of the C25K and log the running and walking seperately on mine. Don't know if there's another way to do it.
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've no idea what c25k is so can't help you but when I do an exercise that isn't listed I try and find something that is listed and similar to the one I'm doing. Sorry couldn't be more help.

C25K is "Couch to 5K". It's an app to ease you end to running a 5K.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am doing C25K myself as well.. I'm on Week 4.. and what I do (I'm doing the program on a treadmill) is even though it may not be accurate (using a HRM would be more accurate)... I created my own entry and title it C25K Week ?? and enter the number of calories that the treadmills says I burned.. I know it's give or take some.. but it gives me an idea... Hope this helps!! Good Luck! :smile:
  • jcrowfoot
    jcrowfoot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it on the treadmill and wear a heart rate monitor. But, I log it as "treadmill" and put in the calories my HRM says I burned.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM so I don't know how much use this will be to you but when I'm done with the workout my treadmill gives me the average mph so I enter it in as the average mph and however many calories my HRM says I burned as well as the time.
  • printererror
    printererror Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I do it on the treadmill I put in the calories the machine says I did. When I do it outside I usually file it under 'walking 3.5' pace' because its the median between my walk and jog (I'm a slow jogger ;n; )

But leslie's idea sounds so much more sensible. I'd do it her way (:
  • emma260273
    Options
    log walk and run seperately.. I've just completed it and now can run 5K ! good luck stick with it.. its suprising what you can do !
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just finished the program last night! I kind of figured it out along the way. I did some segments on the treadmill which gave me a clear picture of time/distance/calorie burn. When I ran outside I calculated time spent running + time spent walking and created my own exercise.

It worked out well. Good luck with the program. Feel free to hit me up for pats on the back or slaps on the *kitten*, whichever you prefer.
  • TXCC
    TXCC Posts: 56
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor to figure the calories burned. Go to Exercise. Add exercise and then it gives you an option to add an exercise that is not listed. I named mine C25K and then it is added to your favorites and you can find it easily the next time. Good luck! It is such a fun program!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that! I wasn't sure how to log it either! Lol
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When I did C25K I logged my total time running/speed and then I would log my total time walking/speed. I did it on a treadmill and the calorie count that the treadmill had was usually pretty close to what MFP calculated.

I did it this way as well, I down loaded the map my run app as well so I could keep up with distance as well as pace. You can have them both running on your phone at the same time. Then after your run/walk map my run will tell you your adverage pace them you can enter it along with your time. Good luck I LOVE the C25K program I'm now running 12-16 miles a week!!
  • anzielinger
    anzielinger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use the C25K and the Runkeeper app on my iphone simultaneously. Runkeeper is a GPS tracker app that is free (yay!) they also have a website (www.runkeeper.com) that you can manual enter your route if you don't have smart phone. I run outside but I think it also has a treadmill option (not sure tho!) It tells me approximately how many calories I burned, my speed, time, and altitude (how hilly my route was). I then manually enter my calories into MFP. Hope that helps!

Also if you get a chance go ahead and register for a 5K… that really is what motivated me to push through the workouts and run :) Good luck!
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

That's exactly how I logged it to. No other way to do it, really.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I use a couple of apps on my cell phone during my sessions - C25K free and MapMyRun. The C25K app tells me when to walk and run and the MapMyRun app tells me my distance and speed. I put the overall distance and speed into a calculator on www.caloriesperhour.com and it gives me an approximate caloric expenditure. Then I create my own exercise in the database (these are not shareable) for that session.
  • jnj1013
    jnj1013 Posts: 27
    Options
    If you're really interesting in making activity a part of your life then the only really beneficial advice I can give is that you invest in an HRM. I didn't have one when I first started and I can tell you that MFP was overestimating my burn my between 60-80 calories per hours for all of the activities that I was doing.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM so I made my own and enter it was C25K per HRM and then enter in the time and the calories burned
  • smitchell01
    smitchell01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the feedback. I just finished day 1 of C25K! I see you can add exercises if you don't find what you're looking for. I may try this otherwise I'll log as walking & running seperately. thanks!