Breakfast option

Options
I have been eating oatmeal for the past 2 years now and am starting to get really really tired of it. I know it's good for you, and I have done many different varieties of it but I'm starting to want something different! So, I'm looking for other options. What do you eat in the morning and does it fill you up and keep you satisfied???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• rollieorial
    rollieorial Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    eggs would be great! :)
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of oatmeal also but recently I've mixed it up with eggs as well. I cook two eggs, one white and one whole and put it on a piece of wheat toast. Add in a bowl of fruit and I find that it keeps me full and satisified just as long as the oatmeal does.
  • FitGma63
    FitGma63 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat Egg Whites every morning, with a sprinkle of shredded cheese. I am usually full for hours and will eat a piece of fruit with it if needed.
  • triheart
    triheart Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but eggs definitely! Recently, I've started adding turkey bacon now and then too - only 35 calories a slice! Protein, protein, protein! :)
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    1 egg with egg whites, French toast made with whole grain bread, protein shakes, Greek yogurt pancakes. I know some people will even eat left over chicken and things they had for dinner. peanut butter toast (whole grain), eggs cooked with spinach and put in a pita, or cook eggs in green pepper rings.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like eggs scrambled with a wedge of laughing cow light swiss cheese and Mrs Dash tomato basil seasoning. I do this in a coffee mug in the microwave if I'm running short on time and need it to go.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I like egg white omelets with salsa or other veggies, low fat bacon bits and a tbs of shredded cheese. I put it on Thomas's Sahara mini pita's. Low Cal, Fat and Carb.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Chol
    Thomas' - Sahara Whole Wheat Mini Pita Pockets, 1.5 Loaf (28g) 105 21 2 5 240 0
    All Whites - 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 1 oz 13 0 0 3 40 0
    Cheese - Sharp Cheddar - Shredded , 0.0625 cup 28 0 2 2 45 8
    Pict Sweet - Frozen Onion and Pepper Seasoning Blend, 0.25 cup 6 1 0 0 3 0

Calories152, Carbs 22, Fat 4, Protein 10, Sodium 328, Choles. 8
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast sandwich that keeps me full until lunch. I make it with either Nature's own or Pepperidge Farm whole wheat sandwich thins that are 100 calories each, 1/4 c egg beaters or egg whites, 1 Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty (I swear they're really good!!) and one slice of 2% cheese. When made with egg beaters, it has 240 calories, 28g carbs, 22g protein, 7g fat, 6g fiber and 6g sugar. It has a 43/34/23 carb/protein/fat ratio which is good for breakfast. It's my standard breakfast lately. Plus it's portable.
  • jenniferedwards123
    jenniferedwards123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat scrambled eggs and a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter on it.
    Or I eat a Chobani yogurt with toast and peanut butter.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    I have a pretty hectic work schedule, the kind where you don't know if you'll be able to sit down and have lunch until you actually do. For this reason I make it a point to eat breakfast, and it's important to me that it fill me up and give me energy to run around like a monkey all day - sometimes I just LOVE my job...can you tell? ANYWAY!!!

Peanut butter and whole wheat toast. If I have one slice of bread and one tablespoon of peanut butter at 8AM, I log in roughly 175 calories and it keeps my hunger in check until at least 1PM. Sometimes, like this morning, I have two slices of bread and two tablespoons of PB and obviously double the calories, but it's still reasonable.

Hope that helps.

And yes, yes, eggs are also fabulous. *waves hand*
    I just don't have time to cook them in the morning. :(
  • susiebear29
    Options
    EGGS EGGS EGGS!!!! lol!!! or porridge/cereal with fruit and greek yoghurt, or protein shake!!! :smile:
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The incredible, edible egg.
  • henryhutter
    henryhutter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    two cups of yoghurt, one day light cereal, the other day muesli, during the weekend i add one tbs of 5 grains. Need to keep the hungry feeling away till lunch time.
  • parrottjoyce
    Options
    I eat two poaced eggs on 6 whole wheat ritz crackers. I also eat a piece of fruit or a tomatoe on the side. I never get hungry before lunch.

Joyce
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat two corn tortilla wraps with some kind of meat and lots of veggies! I try to always use avocado, cuz it's super filling.
  • berta_dee
    Options
    I usually scramble 2 eggs using olive oil and mix it in with some steamed veggies (usually a cup of broccoli and a cup of mushrooms) and sprinkle some mozzerella cheese on top. I use pepper or italian seasoning to make it more interesting. There is also an avacado egg bake recipe that I just came across and would really like to try. Here is the recipe if you are interested:

Ingredients:
    2 avocados
    4 eggs
    salt and pepper
    Toppings of choice: My favorite is feta and green onions, but salsa and fresh cilantro are also really good with the avocado.
    What to do:
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit. Put avocados open side up in a large baking dish. If they are small avocados, scoop out a little of the extra flesh to make more room.

Crack an egg in each avocado half and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg is desired doneness. For my oven, 17 minutes gets the perfect egg yolk.

Top with desired toppings while still hot and enjoy!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I was about to post this same question!!!!! But I am sick of EGGS!~!!!!!!
  • berta_dee
    Options
    Just a quick note*** I just started this program today, hence the reason my weight loss says zero.....I have actually lost about 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks :)
  • ninjakitty81
    Options
    I do a green smoothie every morning during the week mixing up the greens and fruit daily.
    On the weekends for a change I mix it up, omelets or oatmeal with lots of nuts and dried fruit.
  • lldelmonte
    lldelmonte Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here is my most recent favorite:
    Cottage Cheese Pancakes - mix in blender/magic bullet. 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 packet truvia (optional), 1 tsp cinnamon. Fry like regular pancakes - if you use a small frying pan and do it in two stages, you'll get 2 big pancakes - each pancake without toppings about 150 calories. Top it with berries and Smuckers sugar free breakfast syrup - Yummy. (And I'm not a pancake fan.) These are SUPER filling because they are rich in protein and fiber. You will only need one per breakfast meal. Save the other for tomorrow and heat in microwave, toaster or toaster oven.

Another fav: Low fat whole wheat waffle topped with about 1/4 c. plain greek yogurt, berries and low-calorie syrup (or use 1 tbs pure maple syrup.) Also yummy and filling.