Flavored Coffee Creamer Alternative?

Options
I love flavored coffee creamers in my coffee evey day, but I am curious about experiementing with more natural or lower calorie add-ins. Anyone have any favorites?

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Not natural but SF syrup like Torani will add flavor. Soy or almond milk for lower cal creaminess.
    Learn to drink it black. I do at times. Right now I'm in a splenda and almond milk phase but eventually I'll go back to just straight coffee.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    cinnamon sucks in coffee, all it does is float, and that's not a creamer lol
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Learn to drink it black.

This.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OOOOO!!! Im interested in this also!!! Im literally drinking my cup of coffee with creamer (1TBS) : /
  • hmarean
    hmarean Posts: 15
    Options
    Pumpkin spice! I love anything pumkin and the spice is great to flavor coffee!

Edit to add - I dont use creamer - so this is good if you can drink coffee black and just want to change up the flavor :)
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bump as I'd like some ideas as well.

I've tried almond and soy milk in my coffee before and found out that I like them just about anywhere but in my coffee. :laugh:
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have tried almond milk, but after a while I became bored with it. Now I am using fat free creamer (20 cals for 2 tbsp).
  • stennieh
    stennieh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started using unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I LOVE it. The creamer that I used to feel like I just couldn't live without seems way too sweet now. It took about a week to really wean myself. So glad a did! It's been about 6 months now.
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Eh, I splurge and use a delicious, not-so-healthy creamer. I use a TBS of that, and then if I need it creamier I add in unsweetened almond milk.
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just cut the creamer serving in half and make it fit with my day. I can't drink coffee black!
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Brew the coffee with cinnamon on top of the grounds.
    Pure vanilla extract in the water is also a good addition.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    This isn't going to result in a net savings of calories but it will result in you having a much easier time hitting your macros:

Take a scoop of whey and 1/2 milk. Shake it, it should end up a bit thick. Use that as coffee creamer. Should be enough for 3 good sized cups or 3/4 of a pot.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon!

I've brewed it with cinnamon added before, and it is subtle but good. I put in one splenda and one sugar in the raw. I don't like the taste of splenda, but I am saving 20 calories by only putting in one sugar in the raw rather than two. And the teensiest bit of powdered creamer.
  • GeorgiaElliot
    Options
    I am trying to learn to like black coffee, and have cut down A LOT on the creamer. I can drink it black sometimes, but saying this as a response is like answering the question "Any sandwich ideas?" with "Just eat the bread." lol
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Take a scoop of whey and 1/2 milk. Shake it, it should end up a bit thick. Use that as coffee creamer.

My early experiments with this didn't work too well and I gave up before I ever got to that point.

Upon introducing the whey powder to boiling water, it clumped up and turned into something similar to curdles and did not mix when I stirred it. I had just assumed coffee and whey powder weren't friends.
    but saying this as a response is like answering the question "Any sandwich ideas?" with "Just eat the bread."

I think it would be more like "Just eat the stuff on the sandwich and ditch the bread" which I've also done. I used to eat bread daily. Now I very rarely eat it at all.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Not lower calorie but more natural alternative:

blend raw cashews or macadamias in a food processor with soy/almond/cow/goat milk of your choice until you get a thick creamy consistency with no chunks

you can add any flavors you like. vanilla extract, cinnamon, chai spices while blending

adding sugar/sweetener is possible but not necessary
    i do this as a vegan alternative to creamer when the lady i buy my organic milk from's cows get into wild garlic and their milk is too oniony to drink.

the cashew creamer is pretty delicious.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    This isn't going to result in a net savings of calories but it will result in you having a much easier time hitting your macros:

Take a scoop of whey and 1/2 milk. Shake it, it should end up a bit thick. Use that as coffee creamer. Should be enough for 3 good sized cups or 3/4 of a pot.

I do something similar. I add vanilla whey and milk, mix then add coffee. Or I just drink it black
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free coffee creamer as fewer calories. >.>

I figure I have a cup, MAYBE 2 a day... cutting the creamer out would not make a significant change in my calories.
  • GeorgiaElliot
    Options
    [/quote]
    but saying this as a response is like answering the question "Any sandwich ideas?" with "Just eat the bread."

I think it would be more like "Just eat the stuff on the sandwich and ditch the bread" which I've also done. I used to eat bread daily. Now I very rarely eat it at all.
    [/quote]

yeah, bad analogy :)