Crystal Light Causing Back Pain??

Options
I started using the Crystal Light Energy on the go packets a couple days ago for an added energy boost during the day. I've noticed for two mornings now I get up with horrible back pain and it doesn't ease up during the day. I'm wondering if the Crystal Light could be causing the pain? Has any one ever heard of it causing this problem??

Replies

• bigcfarmdee
    Options
    I started having lower back pain and frequent urination while drinking Crystal Light (Energy and other flavors). All tests came back negative for an UTI or anything else. It has let up since I stopped drinking them so much. I'd be interested to see if anyone else out there has had the same issues.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No back pain, but Crystal Light has always given me horrible headaches. I've tried it several times through the years because I really like the taste, but I always get a bad headache.
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I drink crystal light religiously including the energy packets. I have never seemed to have a problem. Try switching to a different form of Crystal Light such as the hydration one or just the plain box of crystal light and fill water bottles with it. I dont really have any idea as to how it would effect your back. If your more concerned, call your doctor and ask and read the ingredients to them. Hope it helps!
  • rmcotter777
    rmcotter777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When i first started drinking crystal light, i got headaches all the time. I work in the medical field so i asked one of my doctors and he said because of the nutri sweet our body doesn't quite know what that is. if i was going to drink it then i need to drink a plain glass of water behind each bottle of crystal lite i drink. that seemed to help, but i try to limit my crystal light to one a day. i get strawberries or lemon and put that in my water with a tiny bit of sugar. hope that helps some.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sorry not happening here. I drink two 33.9 oz of water per day and I add two packets to each container. I drink the rasberry lemonade. If it just plain water, i do not drink them. I need to have the crystal light to drink the water. sorry no headaches, backaches, stomache upsets or anything else.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I drink one packet almost every day mixed into a 20oz. bottle of water. I have not had any problems, but it could be your kidneys. I have heard that you can get lower back pain with kidney problems. I am not a dr. or in the medical field though. You might want to check with your dr. to make sure.
    Good luck!
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think I'll cut back to just one pack a day and see if that helps. Thanks for all your input :smile:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Yes, the food coloring dyes in those powders can cause back pain in the kidney area. My cousin's youngest child can not have any foods that contain any food dyes in them. Kool-aid, m&m's, etc..............
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I got up this morning and I didn't have the back pain....so I don't know what's going on! I'll still cut back to just one pack today and see how I do with that. Thanks all!!
  • Spring3115
    Spring3115 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started drinking crystal lite just to enhance my water flavor and notice a huge amount of back ache so horrible I'd go home and put my feet up. Only two days of drinking which I started Mon and today Wed I threw away my water and stuck to purified water so far no back pain. I too believe that the dyes can affect the kidneys as mentioned above.
  • Spring3115
    Spring3115 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    By the way I only drink one packet a day and the pain was intolerable. Thanks again
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to drink it because it tore my throat up. Just a few sips and instant sore throat. So I stopped.