GoodSports/Support Bras for Larger Chests?

Options
I am both blessed and cursed (depending on which day it is :P) to have a larger chest and I'm looking for a good support/sports bra to keep these puppies from bouncing everywhere when I work out. I've looked around the net but can't seem to find a good one. The last website I went on didn't go past a DDD. -_-

Anyone know of any good websites/places to check them out?

Replies

• jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Very interested in the answers to this!! I have YET to find one that works well. usually end up with a sports bra over a regular bra.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I see these threads all the time. I keep thinking there is a huge market for these large boobed supportive sports bras that just isn't being tapped. Surely someone will invent one?

Maybe I should do it.

How much would you girls pay for a very supportive bra that was designed specifically for large boobed women doing sports?
  • pinkroseacct
    Options
    I was looking online yesterday, and it seemed that every "good big sports bra" was at least $60. I know you get what you pay for, but I can't pay that (college) so I'm hoping that someone comes in with a suggestion for something affordable.
  • Happyspud
    Options
    I would pay a fortune for one that worked! i would try Bravissmo, im from the uk so im not sure if they ship overseas but its worth a try.
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer!

$58 but worth every dime. I'm a 32DDD and wear the 34DD in the TaTa. It's amazing—fits snugly around the rib cage and keeps the girls up and secure while jumping, running, burpees, etc. You can wear the straps straight or cross them. I'll never wear anything else!
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My wife is how you say a 'gifted' woman and she always found the Victoria Secret line to work really well for her.
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    I was looking online yesterday, and it seemed that every "good big sports bra" was at least $60. I know you get what you pay for, but I can't pay that (college) so I'm hoping that someone comes in with a suggestion for something affordable.

I wouldn't mind paying around that for a good one that would last me a while. Hell, most of the time just the regular bras are that much in my size. It really does get annoying.
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    I would pay a fortune for one that worked! i would try Bravissmo, im from the uk so im not sure if they ship overseas but its worth a try.

I forgot about that site! I went on it last year. I believe they do deliver to the US. If not, my mother lives in the UK and she can ship it to me. :)
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    I see these threads all the time. I keep thinking there is a huge market for these large boobed supportive sports bras that just isn't being tapped. Surely someone will invent one?

Maybe I should do it.

How much would you girls pay for a very supportive bra that was designed specifically for large boobed women doing sports?

It really does surprise me that there isn't more of a market for these. Either that or they haven't found a good way to advertize them. I would buy one in a heart beat for around $40-$50 if it wasn't cheaply made and a perfect fit. I'd probably second guess anything over that and with a little reluctance, end up buying it anyway. Unless it was $60+. Then I'd look else where.
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer!

$58 but worth every dime. I'm a 32DDD and wear the 34DD in the TaTa. It's amazing—fits snugly around the rib cage and keeps the girls up and secure while jumping, running, burpees, etc. You can wear the straps straight or cross them. I'll never wear anything else!

I will definitely be looking in to that now :) Thanks!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    AlphaMale, there are a TON of women out there who want better support for their chests when they work out. If you can come up with something that works AND is affordable, I guarantee you will be flooded with orders.

You have a VERY good market available to you here on MFP, if the ladies like your bra they will buy more. And tell their friends. And co-workers. And neighbors. You see where I'm going with this...

If you are serious, give it a shot!!
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    My wife is how you say a 'gifted' woman and she always found the Victoria Secret line to work really well for her.

Unfortunately VS don't have my size in bras so I doubt they would in sports bras. Thanks for the suggestion though! I'll check them out just to make sure. :)
  • kjuskiw
    kjuskiw Posts: 12
    Options
    OOOOOH my dear; I felt the bounce!! I am only in a couple months exercising but it sure is distracting when you have to hold more then your core muscles in ;)
    I did a shopping expedation one day -- went EVERYWHERE - rebok - adidas - lululemon - big box sports stores - finially I walked into a Nike store and the sales rep was a big busted women -- instead of asking where the bras are -- I asked her if she would wear one of them she said oooh no no no no -- and sent me along to "The Running Room" (I'm sure you could go to any stores that cators to runners)
    The Running Room had a huge selection of high impact bras for all sizes and even for us ladies. I needed a DD34 but they did have sizes that went up to F46. AWESOMENESS!! The rep gave me tons of bras to try on and tips on how they are suppose to fit. She recommended that you usually go down one size from your "everyday bra" also readjust the straps to the tightest fitting so as you tone and such you can continue to adjust the straps for a longer life time of bra as natural wear and tear they will become loose. (if you have ever had a professinal bra fitting the will tell you the same)
    Anyway it was the best money spent. And I am pretty sure I dont frighten as many people as before running down the street!!

Good Luck
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Shock absorbers. They're great sports bras. Hold everything nice and firmly in place. (And If you add a top with a built in bra over that nothing will jiggle *at all*.)
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Title 9 Sports has some excellent ones - my favorite is the 7 Wonders Sport Bra - great support without feeling like you're being suffocated.
  • yavrig
    yavrig Posts: 28
    Options
    OH! OH! I have the answer to this one! www.enell.com

They are expensive but all you really need is one. Just one. I am in love with mine. I am quite top-heavy, and on top of that, I'm nursing my son so they are heavier and more sensitive too. This sports bra keeps the girls in check. I can actually run in them and nothing, NOTHING moves. Check it out. I'm sold.
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer!

Thanks Luv....Going to look this up:)
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    36DD, I use Champion, and I think it is very supportive :). Got them at Target.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Walcol has AWESOME sports bras for us large chested ladies! They are pricey, but IMO so worth it! I was a 38G when I first started my excercise/diet