Engaged ladies? Anyone have pre wedding jitters?

Options
Well i say i do June 1st 2013 ill be offically off the market for the rest of our lives together~<3 however with the divorce rate i feel a bit nervous not to mention we will be spending the night before our wedding apart the next time he sees me i want it to be the best i have ever looked i want him to miss me then see me in my dress after he does :blushing: how did you kick your pre wedding jitters? (ps by of the market i mean im spoken for last name and all not that im on the market now haha)

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you have jitters about?

I can't think of a thing, myself. Except how we're going to pay for it.
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    Im just nervous about the entire thing money has alot to do with it as well! Maybe its more excitment then anything? I have this irrational fear of divorce lol
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about divorcing before you've even gotten married, I'd really take a long look at why...
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    I watched a 22yr marriage fall apart when everything seemed perfect on the ouside.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Your profile doesn't show your age. How old are you?
    If you are under 30 and worried about divorce, suggest a long engagement and give it time.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Don't dooooo iiiiiiit!

Lol.

Sorry. :D
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Don't dooooo iiiiiiit!

Lol.

will you marry me?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Don't dooooo iiiiiiit!

Lol.

will you marry me?

LJ!!!! I thought you'd never ask!
    YES!!!

Forget what I said girls
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I watched a 22yr marriage fall apart when everything seemed perfect on the ouside.

Nobody knows what's really going on in a marriage, except the people in it. Sometimes not even them.

Make sure you have had the lifestyle, finance, faith, medical discussions. Google Suzi Orman, Dear Abby, and the like for suggestions. Consider pre-martial counseling AND REALLY DO IT, not just participating to get married at that church or whatever. DH and I are coming up on our 16th wedding anniversary, and talked about how we wanted to live (where, what kind of house, land, school districts), how we wanted to invest, who would manage the paperwork versus cars versus whatever other stuff needs to be managed, our beliefs about God and the afterlife, how we wanted our kids to live, etc.

In short, plan the marriage, not the wedding.
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just relax! Remember why you're marrying him to begin with. If you're really scared that your marriage won't work out, you might want to wait a while longer. I didn't have pre-wedding jitters until minutes before I got married, but I'm so glad I went through with it. A happy marriage is a blessing.
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    In short, plan the marriage, not the wedding.

^ this
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    I like that plan the marriage not the wedding i LOVE that he is very open and loves to show me off he took my Profile picture hah so ya your all right i feel alot better now thankyou :)