Jillian Michaels 30 day shred question??

Options
Ive been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video for a little over 2 weeks now every other day. She doesnt say how heavy the weights are to use for the squats. I use 5 lbs in each hand, and sometimes it puts alot of strain on my legs causing very sore pain in my hamstrings. I am correctly postioned too so its not that at all. Should I go to 3lb weights for now?? thanks!!

Replies

• pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I always start with very low weights and then work up to the higher weights so that I do not hurt myself. I would definitely be going to the lower weights. If doing something causes a lot of pain after, stop or modify is my motto. I then find something else to do.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I used 1 lb weights the first day and found it not to be enough. I starting using 2 lb weights and it makes a difference. I think you should go to 3 lbs and see if it helps. If not, you can always go back to the 5....:smile:
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just tried this video tonight... how are you all acounting for your calories burned?
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I use between 3 and 5 pound weights while doing the Shred, just depends on the exercise, how I am feeling that day, or how sore I am from the day before-on the level 2 circuit 3 strength-i don't use any weights sometimes-cause that move KILLS me!!! Love it though!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just tried this video tonight... how are you all acounting for your calories burned?

I just log it under circuit training.
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    ill definetly try out the 3 pound weights then!! Thanks so much all of you :)
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I just log it under circuit training.

Thank you!
  • caristear
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day Shred off and on for a year and have always used 3 pound weights throughout the workout. You're doing a lot of reps along with cardio so it's always best to start out light and be able to make it through the whole workout without straining yourself. You can always work your way up to the 5 pounds!