Do "They" have training camps?

Options
I was just thinking how cool it would be to go to a training camp and get your *kitten* kicked for 2 weeks or something. Almost like military boot camp, but you don't have to join afterwards, you just get a t-shirt. Lol. Do these exist? That would be awesome. I could use a good kick in the *kitten*. Up at 4am for a run through the mountain with a 50 lb pack on my back. Lol. Link me folks. I'm into it.

Replies

• SydneyBristowe
    Options
    There are literally hundred of these things. Search for something like "bootcamp fitness holidays" in google and you'll find lots :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye on your local Groupon/Living Social/Amazon Local Deal/etc. they always have discount deals for bootcamps.
  • neverstray
    Options
    Keep an eye on your local Groupon/Living Social/Amazon Local Deal/etc. they always have discount deals for bootcamps.

Not that kind. I mean the rough kind where you go up into the mountains for a couple weeks and camp and get your *kitten* kicked military style. Something really difficult, almost like a Navy Seals training or something. Not the local "boot camps" some young girl in Jr College is starting up with her girlfrinds to slim your thighs.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options

Not that kind. I mean the rough kind where you go up into the mountains for a couple weeks and camp and get your *kitten* kicked military style. Something really difficult, almost like a Navy Seals training or something. Not the local "boot camps" some young girl in Jr College is starting up with her girlfrinds to slim your thighs.

lol - okay, while I'll give you that an actual multiple days away sort of thing is very different then the ones you just go to each day. I'm guessing you've never actually experienced the daily boot camps. While I'm sure there are some out there at different levels, I was allowed to sit in on one once to see if it was something that I would be interested in paying for.

I workout six days a week, lift heavy to breaking full body, do kettlebell, and am about to run my second half marathon and I thought I was going to die. Half the people in the class couldn't make it through and many of them looked much fitter and stronger than I was.

Don't discount all of them outright until you've at least taken a look. :)
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I know there are modern adult 'fat camps' but I don't know about this kind of setup. The Biggest Loser has one as well as some other less known companies. I'd start googling and see what you find.
  • messymutt
    Options

Wow...that wasn't condescending. *sarcasm*
  • neverstray
    Options

Wow...that wasn't condescending. *sarcasm*

It's funny, where I live, every square inch of park is taken up by these people. That's why I said it that way. Sometimes I want to call the authorities because I'm 99% sure most of them don't have a permit for that. But, whatever.