YEAH!!

Options
reggie2run
reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
Hi my fellow MFPers. I debated on posting this as regrettably I do not have before and after pictures. I avoided cameras as much as humanly possible in the before stage. And for the fact that I don’t like to brag, but I wanted to celebrate my success. And what better way than with my MFP family. And for the fact that I am not done as of yet...got another little bit to go.

It’s been 4 months as of yesterday since I decided to lose the extra junk in my trunk (and everywhere else) and become a healthier person. To date I have lost almost 41 pounds and a total of 17.5 inches from my body (5 inches from my chest, 4 inches from my waist (which is now a “never before in my adult life” 27 inches..sorry had to brag just a little..lol), 5.5 inches from my hips and 3 inches from my thighs. When I started this journey, being only 5 foot 3.5 inches tall, I was almost as broad as I was tall…lolol. Now I feel better and I look better. I actually feel comfortable in my own skin, feel more confident and dare I say sexier.

I want to say a personal thank you to all my MFP friends. Without your support and encouragement, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Thank you for being there. You made all the difference to this Irish lass. :smile:

Replies

• jojo98mu
    jojo98mu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You've earned the right to brag a little, go for it!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're bragging cause you have every right too! You've done awesome!
  • cathydenis
    cathydenis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Aw congrats! that is awesome!:smile:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You deserve to brag! Keep up the great work!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Congrats fellow Irish lady. Cute dog, looks like my Dave xx
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have done amazing and you have every right to be bragging ;D
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is a great loss! So happy for you. I hear you're celebrating with a Half Marathon? Awesome!!
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Brag all you want you deserve it!! Well done!!!! xx
  • CanadianThunder
    Options
    You've been doing awesome!
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That was really sweet! Happy for you! Wish that everyone here would post their success stories. And you have good right to brag, because what you did is very awesome thing to do!
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yay! No problem, Reg!!! You have been an unbelievable motivation.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Yay!.... You've come a long way and now you are running a 13.1 miles!!!!! Awesome!!!
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is the right place to share your successes as well as your struggles. Good for you! That is really terrific, and an inspiration to those who may be stuck on a plateau and wondering if it's all worth it. YAY!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!