Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shread DVD

chelso1
chelso1 Posts: 25 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone!

Today is my first day on myfitnesspal.com. I was recommended it from my sister, and so far I love the website. My only problem is with my exercising. I usually do an Elliptical trainer for 30 minutes, which isnt hard to count the calories I've burned, but I also do a 20 minute work out DVD from Jillian Michaels. Its her 30 day shread DVD, and believe me she kicks your butt. I just dont know how to count the calories I've burned from doing that exercise. I definatley feel like I've burned more then running on the elliptical, because in the workout you are doing 9 minutes of strength, 6 minutes of cardio, 3 minute abs, and 1minute warm up, and 1 minute cool down.

If anyone could help, or has advice that would be great!

Thanks, Chelsey.

Replies

• You just find something similar on the "exercise" database. Like, I like to do Turbo Jam... and I did 50 minutes. Well how the hell do you count that. Obviously, it's not going to say "Turbo Jam" in the database, so I chose aerobics - general. It does the counting for you!! :happy:
  • I saw someone else posted this question and the advice given was to log it under "Circuit Training" which can be found under cardio. That's how I've been logging it in.

I'm on Day 8 of the Shred and loving it! Good luck.
  • chelso1
    chelso1 Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for both of the feedback! I will check out both.

:) Goodluck both of you.
  • I am going to start that dvd next week (played tennis almost every day this week and am too sore to start this week). I am excited because my 15 year old daughter has done it for 2 weeks, taking 1 day off each week and her jeans are falling off! She wears size 5 and isnt that big, except her butt & hips. She is not dieting in any other way, she has always been a healthy eater (she was vegetarian for 3 years, from 10 years to 13 years and now the only meat she eats is chicken and turkey). So this video is AMAZING, the results are great!

Within 1 week her butt & hips got smaller, she looks toner, and she says she feels really good every day!

Good Luck!
    Jenny
  • I am now on day 2 of using this video (workout 1) and can barely walk up the stairs.....not even sure how I did the video today but I made it!!!!! Anyone else just starting in this much pain?
This discussion has been closed.