depressed and eating because of it

Options
OK I need some help. Today I am feeling very depresseed and just really unmotivated to do anything. And because I am depressed I am wanting to eat everything. I am trying not to. I just really need some help. Someone Please message me.I think part of it has to do with I am eating pretty healthy most of the time and doing zumba everyday but one day out of the week and i am stuck at 149. My big goal is 130 - 135.

Replies

• AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    OK I need some help. Today I am feeling very depresseed and just really unmotivated to do anything. And because I am depressed I am wanting to eat everything.

Is that going to help you? Really? It will probably just make you more depressed and make you beat yourself up.

Why don't you go for a walk or something? Get the endorphins flowing and maybe it will lighten your mood.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I say go for a long walk. It'll give you time to think through what is getting you down, and if that doesn't help, reward yourself with a treat for burning all the calories.

Hope you are feeling better. :)
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Stop, doing what got you where you don't like being certainly won't get you where you want to go.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    put on some upbeat music and dust/be bop, it helps me to refocus sometimes:flowerforyou:
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    First off, your a beatiful, loving mom and wife and a healthy 149 in weight, so you have nothing to be depressed about. Your not that far from your goal just keep trying. If you feel like snacking on something unhealthy just remember what your goals are. Although, you can't deprive yourself either, if its something you've been craving don't over do it and just enjoy a little bit. You'll be okay and stop worrying.

Also, I'm doing Zumba (toning) two days a week, besides eating better is this the only exercise activity that you've done to assist you in lossing the weight and how much have you lost? How long have you been doing Zumba?
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I like the walk idea.
    Get away from food, if possible.
    Plan your meals today so you stay on track.
    Blessings to you today, you will soon feel better.
    Perspective!
  • lb4lb
    lb4lb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Get up, get dressed, get out...........walk around the mall..........window shop
  • patricia326
    patricia326 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're so close!!! Try not to focus on the numbers and be forgiving of yourself. Everyone goes through this and you just have to push through it. I have a long way to go, and I'm not "dropping" the pounds like I think I should be, and it gets hard when that stupid scale doesn't move. But you gotta keep at it. My suggestion: Get out and do a fun activity, Hike, walk in the park, swim, dance and take a friend with you if possible. As for the eating part; what are you craving? Got for the healthiest choice like carrots for crunchies or blueberries for sweet. I'm sure you know all this already, but you also need to know that you can do it!!

Pretend like you're your own best friend. How would you talk to your buddy if she was feeling like you? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't beat her up. Be good to yourself. You're doing great!!!
  • Nicole_Altieri
    Nicole_Altieri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    From someone that is an emotional eater, its a mental thing - you get stressed and anxious and you think that food will comfort you and it will, but it is only temperary. Like the others said you have to realize whats got you down and try to talk yourself through it. Find a different way of coping with your stress, if you feel like you need to eat something make it a healthy snack: piece of fruit or something thats goes with your diet plan. I have sugar free gum all around the house, work etc it gives you the allusion of eating something without the unnecessary calories. Just remember a slip here and there is ok but if you make bad eating choices on top of being stressed you could find yourself gaining weight, so only have healthy choices within reach or find a positive way to diver tthe negative energy.
  • EGreenup
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have a bad habit of eating when Im depressed but I try to go for a walk, dance, or whatever to stay out of the kitchen to stay away from the food.
    Also maybe doing a change in your workout would help with getting off the plateau of 149. Instead of doing zumba 6 days a week, change it up to power walk 2 days, zumba 2 days and find something else to do for the other 2 days. Try a belly dancing class or workout dvd or check out youtube for workouts.
    Hope you feel better
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't know how Im not eating because of it- but im right there with you girl. Stay strong. I just want to lay in bed and cuddle up with 5lbs of cheese.
  • NikkiCastagneto
    Options
    Cheer up, you will get through this! I know its hard when you don't see results but If you are doing zumba and nothing else you aren't going to reach your goals. You need to mix it up. Your body gets used to doing the same activity. You really should throw in some weights and build muscle, which helps burn calories.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    OK I need some help. Today I am feeling very depresseed and just really unmotivated to do anything. And because I am depressed I am wanting to eat everything. I am trying not to. I just really need some help. Someone Please message me.I think part of it has to do with I am eating pretty healthy most of the time and doing zumba everyday but one day out of the week and i am stuck at 149. My big goal is 130 - 135.

I hate Zumba so the thought of doing it everyday would depress me too lol. You need to change up your routine to help you out of this rut!!! Take a walk, run, hike, bike, lift weights, swim, do yoga, calisthenics, take a week off and eat at maintenance and don't work out, purchase some workout DVD's, plan a vacation, have a hot fudge sundae but commit to that being your only splurge. Honestly if you are at plateau you need to CHANGE IT UP!! Strength training/ lifting heavy weights is a plateau buster!!! Eat more protein, lift weights, change up your cardio and give yourself a break:flowerforyou:
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself to feel whatever emotion it is that has you depressed. Don't run from it or try to make it go away. Take that walk or try some deep breathing exercises and focus on your feelings. Deal with them, then let them go.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Eating crap or too much of not crap is not going to solve a damn thing. Do something way better! Go for a run, go for a walk, go lift something seriously heavy. Go be a beast and work through what ever you are feeling right now by making yourself feel great about what you decided to do instead.

Don't crap out like a wimp!
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Wine and a girls night helps too :drinker:
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    Thanks.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Knock it off.

:flowerforyou:
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Thanks.

Your Welcome!!!!!!.............geesh even your

Thanks.

is depressing!

Lot's of good advice and well wishes comments on here for you. Get happy!
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    That'll just make it worse.
    Been there, done that, didn't help.

Go for a walk, go swim, do ANYTHING to get your mind off of it.
    Call a friend, go out with a friend, find a new movie. ANYTHING that will take that away.

We all have those moments where we just dont think it's going to work. It's just not going the way you hoped so whats the point. The point is still there, it's just hidden a bit.

Don't give up, and certainly don't eat your feelings!

You can do this!